No announcement yet.

Peeing out the door, proven wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus, most of my deer harvest are 7-25 yards.

You gotta be one with the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
      How did they smell your son's pee if they were up wind of you?
      I agree. I don’t care if you are a homeless guy who sleeps in a dumpster and hasn’t changed clothes in a month. Scent molecules cannot fight their way upwind to a deer’s nose. Something else spooked those deer.

Comment

I make mock scrapes and pee in the turned up dirt and watch the bucks come in and tear it up and pee in the scrap. If they smelled something it wasn't the pee that spooked them.
        Yup I didn't do it on purpose but I peed about 100 yards from my blind and once daylight came I watched a buck walk over to it scrape it and pee right where I had.

I don't think human pee bothers deer in the least.

Comment

Well, my uncle let someone hunt his land that bordered my mom's years ago. I wasn't thrilled about it as my brothers and I had hunted it for years. I happened upon the ole boy's tube corn feeder and peed all in it. Don't know if it helped ot hurt his hunting. I felt better though

Comment

Actually, the only urine I’ve really seen deter a deer is dominate buck urine. I’ve seen bucks and does at different distances catch wind of it and change course. For me its been 100% of the time on deer I have been able to see.

The regular doe pee seems to make them curious but not any more than my pee.

I’ve come to stongly believe deer know each other or an occasional visitor, to include humans.

There is a Texas A&M study that claims deer can’t differentiate urine so maybe there are other components?

Last edited by Johnny44; 10-29-2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

One data point does not make a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Got me worried now... was supposed to take R Kelly hunting next week.
                Lmao!

Comment

I pee in empty bottles & screw the lids back on, just to be safe. Usually wait until I get 8-10 piled up before cleaning out my bow blind. A few members on here may or may not be able to testify...one way to keep your buddies from hunting your stand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X