Chevy diesel 4x4 in mud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy diesel 4x4 in mud

I have had my 2015 chevy diesel 4x4 for 2 1/2 years and I really haven't had it in much mud. This past week I drove it through a little mud and it seemed really disappointing. I hit the mud pretty slow(5mph). It was only 8-10 inches deep so I wan't concerned. As I drove into it, it seemed like my truck was slowing to a stop. I was standing on the gas pedal (to the floor) to try to get through it and I never had the engine rev up and it never spun the wheels. It just ran at about 1500-1800 RPM and about 2mph and crawled through it. Yes I didn't get stuck, but I expected it to rev up and spin the tires or something. Since then, I have gone through the mud 3-4 more times to see what is going on. Once it did rev the engine up and spin the tires and throw mud everywhere another time it just crawled through it at 1500rpm. This was in 4wheel high and the transmission in Drive.

Is something going on or is this normal? I have always had gas 4x4 chevy trucks and when I floored it, It would rev that rpm and spin the wheels throwing mud everywhere.

Turn tractor control off, have a tundra and it’s an act of Congress to get all the safety features turn off.

Comment

Turn the traction control off. It’s keeps the motor from breaking the tires loose! As a 8 year Duramax owner tho I do have to say that they r terrible in mud!

Comment

Diesel trucks do horrible in mud, the big heavy engine sinks the front end deep.

Comment

All heavy diesel trucks kinda suck in mud in my opinion. Way to heavy. Kinda like taking them down the surf. They will get there but you gotta pay attention. It’s not like running PINS in a jeep

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
            Diesel trucks do horrible in mud, the big heavy engine sinks the front end deep.
            Thats a AMEN ....Beach too

Comment

Diesel trucks aren’t really made for the mud. They are big and way too heavy in the front end

Comment

Switch on far left. Turn it off then you can throw mud everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys. I would rather feel like an idiot here and ask a question then go to the dealer and ask a dumb question.

Comment

Also manually shift into 2nd or 3rd gear. Less spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                      Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                      Diesel trucks aren’t really made for the mud. They are big and way too heavy in the front end
                      This. Diesels are meant for pulling.

Also, the few times I have run a Chevy diesel through mud, it liked to break the front U-joints, under almost no throttle. It was scary how easy it was to do.

Comment

My F350, all you have to say is mud/ wet grass and it wants to get stuck.

Comment

Chevy diesel 4x4 in mud

My dodge loved the mud! I’ve got pictures somewhere of my pulling a 20ft gooseneck with a protein feeder and skid steer through 3 foot of mud at the deer lease. Went full send on it and she never missed a beat! I miss that truck!

My new duramax, it’s a 17’ is the worse truck I’ve ever had in the mud. Got stuck in 6 inches of mud the other day in my back yard! Granted, I do have grandpa tires on her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

tires make a huge difference in mud.

Comment

deseils plow in da mud

Comment

Working...
                              X