• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garcia’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      Mateo's is my current go-to store bought.
      x1,000,000 - we get ours at wal mart. i think it is/was made in Frisco TX. waiting on them to bring back their enchilada sauce!

Comment

Kylito's for salty/garlicky

Gun Barrel for sweet

Comment

I've never met a salsa I didn't like.

Comment

Jardine's Ghost Pepper

Comment

Herdez Roasted Salsa Roja

Comment

Favorite salsa?

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                you can buy salsa???

I make my own and it is better than anything you can buy.
                I hope so since you only have to concentrate on one bowl and it can be fresh. Just like the back yard BBQers.[emoji23][emoji23]

Originally posted by Thwackdaddy View Post
                folks who have eaten it say I should bottle and sell my Salsa Verde as well as the honey/pineapple salsa that I make

That’s how 85% of these small salsa companies start out. Hell Pace started out that way with a single guy creating his own recipe. They believe their’s is better than everybody else’s that can be bought ... and they are told they need to bottle and sell their own by their friends and maybe win a local foodie contest they enter for fun. Then they have to mass produce thousands and thousands of jars using machines and conveyors, fill it with preservatives and it’s never going to be as good as their one bowl they got the attaboys from.[emoji41]

Just like backyard BBQers and steak grillers comparing their wares to bbq joints and steakhouses.
                Last edited by Smart; 10-23-2018, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I hope so since you only have to concentrate on one bowl and it can be fresh. Just like the back yard BBQers.[emoji23][emoji23]

That’s how 85% of these small salsa companies start out. Hell Pace started out that way with a single guy creating his own recipe. They believe their’s is better than everybody else’s that can be bought ... and they are told they need to bottle and sell their own by their friends and maybe win a local foodie contest they enter for fun. Then they have to mass produce thousands and thousands of jars using machines and conveyors, fill it with preservatives and it’s never going to be as good as their one bowl they got the attaboys from.[emoji41]

Just like backyard BBQers and steak grillers comparing their wares to bbq joints and steakhouses.
                  Yep. Happened to a guy that I used to work with, only it is BBQ sauce. For years he would make some up for us guy's in the shop. But, when he decided to put it on the market, with all the stuff that had to be added for preservatives and such, it never tasted the same. It is still good, but not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    Julios HOT, Mateos or some stuff we can only find at Browns in Hackberry, LA.
                    Tell me about the stuff at Browns. I’ll be in HB today. Maybe I’ll grab you a jar while I’m there and ship it to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X