No announcement yet.

Youth Weekend Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were skunked this morning in Leon county. But great bonding with my nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Pic 2
      You gotta be a special kinda tough to skin your deer barefooted!

Comment

Well we batted zero on shooters but saw lots of animals, had an awesome weekend with my baby girl. Next year will be her last youth weekend. Trying to enjoy every minute!

Comment

Went to church and ate lunch. Checked the card I pulled on way out this morning.... 3 bucks and 2 doe the last 3 days from 11:30-4:00. We are back in blind now. When normal ain’t working try not normal

No feeder, just a good spot between a thick creek and a grown up bedding area. They just like to be in this area, and I get more daytime pics here than all other cameras combined. I’ve got about 4 cups of corn out in beat shooting spot in hopes of stopping them for the shot

Be here till she shoots or 4:30.... then off to a birthday party....

Comment

Well we are home now. Sat until 9:45 this morning and could never see through the fog. She’s ok with it. She looked at me and said “we have all season dad”. It got a little blurry for some reason... [emoji22][emoji23]
            I’m pretty proud of both my girls. They know you got to put the time in.

Comment

Saw one doe on the run this morning. Tried a different stand and then went to check n see why feeder didnt go off.....deer was there when we pulled up......should have sat there again this morning. Me and my 15yo daughter will be there about 4:30ish. This may be a shorts and snake boots kind of hunt. Its hot!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                Saw one doe on the run this morning. Tried a different stand and then went to check n see why feeder didnt go off.....deer was there when we pulled up......should have sat there again this morning. Me and my 15yo daughter will be there about 4:30ish. This may be a shorts and snake boots kind of hunt. Its hot!!!

We’re settled in. It’s 81 degrees and we’re sweating in North Texas.

Comment

Good luck guys! I hope y'all finish off the weekend strong!!

Comment

My daughter have really done well for a 7yo. 3 hours this morning seeing 1 coon and 3 hours mid day 80+ degrees seeing not a dang animal of any kinda. Still hanging tough. But we out of time

Guess it will be January before we can shoot a doe... thanks TPWD, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      My daughter have really done well for a 7yo. 3 hours this morning seeing 1 coon and 3 hours mid day 80+ degrees seeing not a dang animal of any kinda. Still hanging tough. But we out of time

Guess it will be January before we can shoot a doe... thanks TPWD, lol

Yall dont have doe days during Thanksgiving?

Comment

One year ago today, my daughter shot a doe. Hopefully she will repeat this afternoon!

Comment

Not too bad in the shade. No action yet. Feeder goes off about 6.

Comment

Feeder just spun........hope somethings hungry!

Comment

Good luck! Its prime time!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                                Yall dont have doe days during Thanksgiving?

Yes but we won’t be here like most,..... and who wants to shoot a doe during the best chasing of the season. Lol.

I’ve got several shooters for her if I can keep em around

Comment

Working...
                                X