No announcement yet.

School me on Cummins mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EFI Live with the 6 position switch, and a 5" exhaust. You don't need a cold air intake. If you plan on keeping the truck forever than I would just run a tow tune (60hp). If you don't, than turn it up and rip. I've had a lot of diesels and a couple of Cummins. This is the best option. I had my last Cummins tuned by Robert Ivy. No complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
      My biggest issue is thr turbo lag and poor acceleration before it spools up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      That’s not turbo lag, that’s torque management and I’ve not found a 100% cure for it yet. I’ve had both an Edge Evolution CTS programmer before deleting and now EFI Live tuning with a BD throttle booster and it’s still there but to a lesser degree.

Originally posted by fulldraw_529 View Post
      Tuning will get rid of that in some programs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      I’ve tried 2 different things as mentioned above and still have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by QDM4fun View Post
        ^^^^^ all good comments, but..........
        Have you folded out the mirrors????!!!

Only when towing, as it should be!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
          EFI Live with the 6 position switch, and a 5" exhaust. You don't need a cold air intake. If you plan on keeping the truck forever than I would just run a tow tune (60hp). If you don't, than turn it up and rip. I've had a lot of diesels and a couple of Cummins. This is the best option. I had my last Cummins tuned by Robert Ivy. No complaints.

While you don’t need a cold air intake, you don’t need a 5” exhaust either. 4” will support up to 800HP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Only when towing, as it should be!!!!!

Amen! Although the passanger side mirrior is a bit wonky. Objects are further than they appear!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X