No announcement yet.

Fathers & Sons Live 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer is skinned quartered and in a ice chest.

What a hunt!!!
    Me & T had deer all over us all evening.
    We are steadily watching deer in & out of the woods and feeding on corn when we see this buck walk out at 200 yards to our West and walk straight away from us.
    I told Talen not to get discouraged. He may be back.

It wasn’t long and we look up and he is at 145 yards. I told T to get ready. I studied the deer for a bit. Determined I had never seen him before but he looked to be 4.5 and decent tine length. I told T, you can kill him. I got the camera rolling and coached him thru the shot.
    We reviewed the footage and gave him a bit. T was sure excited when we made the short track. I love seeing the smile on my boys faces when they are successful at something they love.

Gonna take a 2 week hiatus from the live thread due to my Kansas trip and work. But I’ll be back with my dad or my oldest son trying to fill our 2nd buck tag.

Thanks for following along!!

Comment

Congrats Talen!!

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

awesome.

Comment

Congrats Heith....

Comment

Congrats to your son on a fine buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Hsbtgarcia View Post
                Deer is skinned quartered and in a ice chest.

What a hunt!!!
                Me & T had deer all over us all evening.
                We are steadily watching deer in & out of the woods and feeding on corn when we see this buck walk out at 200 yards to our West and walk straight away from us.
                I told Talen not to get discouraged. He may be back.

It wasn’t long and we look up and he is at 145 yards. I told T to get ready. I studied the deer for a bit. Determined I had never seen him before but he looked to be 4.5 and decent tine length. I told T, you can kill him. I got the camera rolling and coached him thru the shot.
                We reviewed the footage and gave him a bit. T was sure excited when we made the short track. I love seeing the smile on my boys faces when they are successful at something they love.

Gonna take a 2 week hiatus from the live thread due to my Kansas trip and work. But I’ll be back with my dad or my oldest son trying to fill our 2nd buck tag.

Thanks for following along!!
                It’s great seeing ANY kid be successful in the woods, it’s especially exciting when you know how good of a kid they are! Talen and Bryce are two of the hardest working and most respectful kids you’ll ever meet. I see Bryce around town without you and Summer from time to time and he’s just as respectful as if y’all were standing beside him. You’ve done a fine job raising both of them! Ready to see what Bryce and WB do on the next go round, and will be expecting updated text while you’ in Kansas!

Comment

Nice! Congrats to T, he's had a heck of a week!

Comment

So you gonna start a Kansas thread for us to follow?

Comment

Congrats to T on 3 animals.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                        It’s great seeing ANY kid be successful in the woods, it’s especially exciting when you know how good of a kid they are! Talen and Bryce are two of the hardest working and most respectful kids you’ll ever meet. I see Bryce around town without you and Summer from time to time and he’s just as respectful as if y’all were standing beside him. You’ve done a fine job raising both of them! Ready to see what Bryce and WB do on the next go round, and will be expecting updated text while you’ in Kansas!
                        Thanks Steve!
                        That’s an awesome compliment.
                        Those boys think the world of you and there’s not a better satisfaction for a parent, than to hear their kid bragged on for being respectful.
                        Last edited by Hsbtgarcia; 10-24-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          So you gonna start a Kansas thread for us to follow?
                          Yes sir. I’ll have my live Kansas thread kicked off in the next few hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteDriver View Post
                            Congrats Heith....
                            Thanks Sully!

Comment

Man, awesome stuff. Buying my 8-yr-old a .243 for Christmas and he'll spend all next year learning to shoot it. Hope he can take his first deer next season.

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                                Man, awesome stuff. Buying my 8-yr-old a .243 for Christmas and he'll spend all next year learning to shoot it. Hope he can take his first deer next season.

Congrats.
                                Awesome!
                                That’s what Talen has been shooting for 4 years
                                We use Hornady Custom Light 87 Grain SST

Good luck to y’all

Comment

Working...
                                X