No announcement yet.

Need help- bad cigarette smokers smell in travel trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spray everything with Consan Triple Action 20.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      No it won’t
      Yes it will!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        You can try Ozone as that the only thing I didn’t.

I bought a truck from a smoker once, steam cleaned, left charcoal, left baking soda etc. Drier sheet did the best but not 100%. Even after years of no smoking anytime it got left closed up any length of time the smell came back.

Same here. But i steamed the headliner very careful and the ac vents inside and out. The steamer worked wonders. Took a couple of applications. I used charcoal, drier sheets, but this worked in a rental once so i tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tomato juice

Comment

Zep Smoke Odor Eliminator and Gonzo volcanic rock based mesh bag.

Also, wouldn't doubt that a bag of charcoal could work.

Comment

ODO-Ban
              you can them at Sam's in 1gl size

Comment

Ok- anybody have an ozone generator I could rent or borrow for a couple days? I’m a school teacher in the dfw area, Mesquite. Thanks.

Comment

Let me look around. I met a guy a few months ago at a truck dealership that they call our to get bad smells out of used vehicles. He had this big arse machine that he put in them that did the trick. It was prettt dang cool but i can’t remember what his company was called!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                    Ok- anybody have an ozone generator I could rent or borrow for a couple days? I’m a school teacher in the dfw area, Mesquite. Thanks.
                    I worked at a hotel during college, and we always had a machine on hand to put in non-smoking rooms that people smoked in. I don't know if any local hotels would rent them out though. Either way, make sure nobody goes inside while it's running. We were told that it does something to the oxygen content in the room while it's running and could possibly kill you. Not sure how true that is, but I was never willing to find out.

Comment

Sell the camper to a smoker and buy one that doesn't smell like smoke. You can't ever get that smell out.

Comment

You'll never get that smell out. Ever.

Just wipe everything down with diesel.

Comment

30 years ago cigarette smell would not even be an issue. Every where you went was cigarette smell, restaurants, bars, stores,barber shops and airports. Now I cant stand the smell of it.

Comment

Rent a commercial ozone generator. Place inside, seal it up, turn it on.

Comment

Fill five or six cereal bowls with White Vinegar, spread out thru the camper, and change them out with fresh vinegar every other day. Do that for about 2-3 weeks. Ive done it in hundreds of rent houses that I've renovated and restored. It works as good as anything and is by far the cheapest route.

Comment

Remove the source. It's the residue on the walls cabinets etc. Wash everything down with a degreaser. Fantastic or 409 maybe a citric base like orange glow. Paint the walls and ceiling if necessary. Use kilz 1st, the shellac based one not the water based sealer. Coffee grounds set out on plates will help to absorb odors and smells good IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X