Live from: Circuit of the Americas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
    That second pic is awesome!!!! That flyover was freakin cool!
    I was hoping for the THUNDERBIRDS or BLUE ANGELS but at least the weather cleared enough to have one! I did not expect the sky divers , totally missed the pic opportunities.......lol! I saw part of the replay on ESPN2 last night......hard to imagine you miss that much being at the event. Hope to catch it all today or tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      I have Goodyear F1 Supercar 3's on my ZL1 & will be lucky to 10,000 miles out of them with a combination of regular & spirited driving. I have 4500 miles on then now & if I was to hit COTA tomorrow for a two day track event they would need to be replaced. You simply cannot combine optimum traction with longevity...otherwise you throw performance out of the equation.
      You are not wrong. I am going to try Michelin Pilot Sport 4S next time. At least they have a 15K guarantee on staggered, directional setups. My last rear tires didn't even make 9K miles. Are those Supercars really only offered in 20"?

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
        You are not wrong. I am going to try Michelin Pilot Sport 4S next time. At least they have a 15K guarantee on staggered, directional setups. My last rear tires didn't even make 9K miles. Are those Supercars really only offered in 20"?
        Sorry I missed this amigo...I know these GY's were designed specifically when they launched the ZL1 & why there may not be many options for the sizes currently.

I think the Pilot 4S is an optimal choice for a combo daily driving with some spirited mixed in, but understand they deteriorate pretty bad if tracked & do not perform nearly as well (road course). Lots of ZL1 owners are going to them & the Toyo R888R because they perform better on the street.

I'll likely stick with GY's in the chance of tracking...they are a summer only tire & get scary when it's cool out. GM & GY state to not drive them below 40 degrees and I can tell the difference even in the 60's. Not a big problem for me being down here but not a good choice the farther north you get. I will not take my car out if it's wet, these tires are terrifying & dangerous if there is any water on the blacktop!! They look worn flat when brand new & cannot displace rain!!

~~~~~~~~~~

The F1 race is starting in Mexico City right now if anyone interested!!
        Last edited by Artos; 10-28-2018, 01:16 PM.

Comment

This Mexico Grand Prix is dilly dilly!!!! Hamilton ain't playing around.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            This Mexico Grand Prix is dilly dilly!!!! Hamilton ain't playing around.

That's right he was coasting around!
            Good race.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
              That's right he was coasting around!
              Good race.
              Amazing when u can win a World Championship by coasting into the paddock!!!

Comment

Working...
              X