• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

CONGRATS! Enjoy it now!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
        Ended up with a 5065 John Deere. 2016 with only 60 hours on it. Saved over 10k buying it slightly used. One owner.
        You wont be disappointed. I have 3 different brands of tractors myself and out of all of them and the other ones i have run for people the John Deere's are just a cut above.

They had some bad models to for sure but as a whole they are just better in my opinion.

Comment

The only color that matters is green. I ran one of the larger hay operations in Travis County and we had quite a few tractors. For serious use John Deere is the way to go (we had 6 JD tractors), plus the dealer support is good. I personally don't like Kubota, they typically don't have enough power. I liked what the 5100E owner had to say just get a bigger tractor so you can do more. For example if you really have to shred a lot of acreage you'll be glad you can pull shredder with a 15' deck instead of 5' deck. One problem with larger tractors is the tires are more expensive but tractor tires tend to last a long time as long as you keep them up. If you have to drive your tractor on the road for any reason you can get a transmission with a wider range thats a plus of a larger tractor. Finally a bigger tractor isn't going to tip over as easily, some of the tractors with real short axle to axle distances look like they arn't super stable.

Comment

Thank ya'll. I'm pretty pumped. I like this 5065 model because it seems to have a lot wider wheel base than my buddies 60hp Kubota and New Holland.

Comment

Working...
            X