What kind of beans in your chili?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    Now I do like some beans in my chili, but I think Bisch went a little overboard. I put 1 small can of kidney beans in the pot and that's all. Just a few.

Yeah, I use one small can as well.

Comment

Perfect pot of chili Bisch!

So chili snobs, how many beans turns chili into well not chili?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Perfect pot of chili Bisch!

So chili snobs, how many beans turns chili into well not chili?
        Hey! If it's what he likes, good for him. I just don't like that many beans in mine. It's a personal thing ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Hey! If it's what he likes, good for him. I just don't like that many beans in mine. It's a personal thing ya know.
          Oh course it's a personal thing. I was serious, Bisch chili looks good.

But I'd like to know what these other guys say can't be put in chili. Can "real" chili only have meat, some sort of tomato, and spices?

Comment

[QUOTE=Bisch;13709050]Y’all keep on comin’! I’m not backing down either!!!!

(Awesome chili) I made for supper tonight!!!

Bisch

You didn't make chili, but it does look good

Comment

There is only one kind of chili recognized by CASI: Texas red. No fillers are allowed, or as the rules state: “NO FILLERS IN CHILI – Beans, macaroni, rice, hominy, or other similar ingredients are not permitted.” (In Texas putting beans in chili has replaced horse thievery as the number one hanging offense.)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

To me its the Flavor that makes Chilie (beans or nobeans )its OK

if I were gona add beans it would be PINTO

Comment

Beans don’t belong in chili.

Comment

i use to put beans in my chili goulash, but i just lost a taste for it years back. and prefer just chili now days, but when i did i used pinto beans.

Comment

Thanks River Rat! It’s chili, and it’s dang good!!! I might have it for lunch again today, along with some of the leftover cornbread. It gets even better as it ages!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Oh My Lawd!!!!!

I just read this whole thread and I am literally in tears from laughing at Curt, Bob & Smarts comments. This is greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          no chopped jalapenos allowed in chili?
                          Finely diced with onions and cilantro.....sauteed before adding the other ingredients to the pot. Very hard to see.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Finely diced with onions and cilantro.....sauteed before adding the other ingredients to the pot. Very hard to see.

Why don't you just give us the exact recipe for chili? That way we don't mess it up and offend anyone.

So what makes chili so different in competitions? Just different meats and the amount of chili powder?

Comment

I made some gumbo last night. Man was it delicious. Cajun Blake can't compete with this goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

You don't saute cilantro Beto, are you from NM?

Comment

Working...
                                X