Black Panthers in TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
    I use to hunt in apple springs couple years ago. Was sitting in my stand along the pipeline and out of nowhere heard one scream. It will make the hair on your neck stand up that's for sure. I didnt see it but the guy who ran the lease saw them couple times around the lease.

Owl

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
      Yes, we know for a fact that they aren't here. Unless you're talking about jagurundi, which you're not. Here's why...

Black panthers are the melanistic phase of the jaguar. There are no black mountain lions. Not an animal. Do not exist.

While it is true that the native range for jaguars used to include Texas, they were extirpated around 1900. The reason I wrote "were extirpated" is because there has recently been a confirmation of a jaguar crossing the Mexico border into New Mexico, so it's possible that you might have the same cat make its way briefly into far West Texas. But that's not really all that relevant to the "black panthers in Texas" discussion, because most of those sightings are in East Texas. But anyhow...

The percentage of jaguars that reflect the black color phase is 6%. 94% of them are your typical spotted variety.

In order to have all these "black panthers" running around, you'd have, on average, 13 regular jaguars for every "black panther". Yet you never hear anyone claim they saw a plain jane regular jaguar. Why? Because it's stupid and no you did not.

But for some reason, you have all these otherwise seemingly credible hunters, etc. that swear up and down they have seen black panthers. They never claim to have seen jaguars, which again would be 13 times more prevalent if they actually existed in Texas. Nope, it's always "black panthers". Why?

Mistaken identity. A whole lot of things will appear black when running through the shadows in the woods. Dogs (many of which are actually black), deer, feral cats, you name it. The right light conditions can make a tan animal appear black.

It is a fact that black panthers are not running around the woods in Texas. Though I do believe you believe you saw one. That obviously happens a lot.

You want me to blow your mind? I never once said I saw a black panther. I said black cat because I know there is no such thing as a black mountain lion [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Well. I guess I wouldn't be a real man if I couldn't admit that I was wrong. I just want to know how much money you got for selling that to the Waco's Cabela?
        I never seen it in person to kill it. I will gladly offer black panther hunts in that very stand to the highest bidder. There is a ground blind at 20 yards and if youre scared a metal rifle blind at about 90

Comment

Well. I guess I wouldn't be a real man if I couldn't admit that I was wrong. I just want to know how much money you got for selling that to the Waco's Cabela?

Lmao I didn’t take it. I just moved to Waco a year ago to get a degree.

Comment

Proven that protein is good bait.

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
              Proven that protein is good bait.

Skinny

Full body mount that sucker.

Comment

Umm. Nice crawfishing. The thread is about black Panthers. Then you said you saw one. Then the next sentence was your racist friends heard one. I'm just impressed that they've heard enough Panthers in their life to discriminate between the regular ones and the black ones. [emoji16]. I did hear one down on the border once. He/she/it sounded like a Mexican panther. You know how they are.

Now,,, Mr. Chew... we both know that was a mexican blackbird.

Tres hombres even wrote a song about her.

[emoji41][emoji41]

Comment

We are live tonight in Nacogdoches County with this man's neighbor cousins deer lease managers grandfathers second cousin who saw what can only be described as a black panther cross the road at 7:30 p.m. tonight.

Delbert Ray, tell us what you saw.

It was horrible. A huge black cat and his tail was time and a half again as long as his body. He stopped and looked at me with red eyes. Just as he jumped all the way across the road, both lanes, he let out a scream that sounded like a woman getting boogered-up behind a piano bar.

It made the Goosebumps stand up on my neck and arms. I hope to never hear or see anything like that again. I know I won't be leaving the house without a sidearm from now on. And I'm going to rethink lettin my kids play at the football field next to all them Woods.

Thank you Delbert Ray. We are glad that you are okay.. Back to you Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I caught one on cam and lived to tell about it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Big ol Maine coon. Bet that dude eats a serious # of rats, birds, squirrels, and rabbits.

Comment

That’s a good un Bobby

Comment

I'm sick of all you black panther deniers! They do exists. Every time someone posts a pic of one y'all scream photoshop just because you've never seen one!

Same thing with Bigfoot sightings

Comment

So let's look at this scientifically. There are either two options. Option number one... There are no black panthers. Option number two... There are black panthers but they are so intuitive and elysuve that they can avoid millions of trail cameras, video cameras, and moving vehicles on the roadway.

Even the rare ocelot from down south gets hit by cars and captured on photos. So once again... There either are no black panthers or they are magical. I think I'll Trust the scientists who say it's physically impossible for a mountain lion to get the black pigment Gene. Unlike a deer who can be black, albino, or piebald.

every black panther sighting is always right at dark or right at the sun's coming up. And it's always crossing the road in a Flash. It's never underneath the deer feeder stalking a deer or quail.

I can honestly say that I have enjoyed all 500 black panther sighting threads on TBH since I joined in 2003. I will enjoy them even more when somebody provides a trail cam picture, and ldp, or a roadkill Panther. When that day comes not only will I be happy, but I will send you a check or money order for $500.
                          it's all semantics. you can go to any zoo and see that a large black cat exists. sure it's not a "panther", (mags are not clips, ponds are not tanks, soup with beans is NOT chili, etc...) but there is no way anyone can say with 100% certainty that no one has ever seen a black jaguar or leopard in the wild in TX.
                          Last edited by duckmanep; 10-17-2018, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I'm sick of all you black panther deniers! They do exists. Every time someone posts a pic of one y'all scream photoshop just because you've never seen one!

Same thing with Bigfoot sightings

So you believe in Bigfoot???

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                              it's all semantics. you can go to any zoo and see that a large black cat exists. sure it's not a "panther", (mags are not clips, ponds are not tanks, etc...) but there is no way anyone can say with 100% certainty that no one has ever seen a black jaguar or leopard in the wild in TX.
                              No. But I can say for certain that they have no proof. Or at least any that have come forward with it.

I can say for certain that the chances of these hundreds of jaguars/leopards making it all the way to numerous east texas counties and deciding to hang out there because of the pig population is about the same chances as Beto O'roarke becoming president of the NRA.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                                (mags are not clips, ponds are not tanks, soup with beans is NOT chili, etc...) .

Now youve gone too far. Its all fun and games with the black panthers, bigfoots etc. But you gonna drag magazines and chili into it?

Whats next? You gonna sail me ocean property in Arizona?

Comment

Working...
                                X