• Show
Clear All

Good luck! Hope you've got him.

Comment

Hope you get him back in the fence!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Not often I can follow a live thread while in night shift! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sure hope you're successful in getting him back in

Comment

Get him in!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got him! Found him snoring 50 yds from the shot. He is back in and back home!!!!

Big thanks the Colton. I'll update pics shortly.
              Last edited by Antlers86; 10-16-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Good deal!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Man what a crazy experience. Had this buck delivered last Friday to a ranch I just started managing next to my home place. The buck seemed really curious and tame over the wknd. Well a contractor arrived this morning and our guess is he slipped through the gate while the contractor came in. Not one part of the fence is down. Had 5 doe delivered this morning to the south side property so this guy could have some company. 9:30 they dropped them off. 10am a buddy across the road calls me and says there is a big buck running along Hwy 175. Talk about getting nervous. I was at another full time job an hour away and couldn't make it back until 4:30pm. At this point I thought he was long gone since he was spotted 1.5-2 miles from the property. 12pm rolls around and the ranch owner calls saying the neighbor has the buck in his yard. I'm shocked not believing he crossed back over 4 lanes off hwy and came back. From that point on I was pretty much on the phone with multiple people trying to get this buck back in the gate. I get here at 4:30 and quickly locate him running the fence. Ease off to let him calmly walk the fence but he wasn't having it. His doe were just inside the fence so it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere. Darkness came and I left him alone until I could get Colton here to try and dart him. They arrived at 10:30 and we drove around the entire south property line. No luck so I figured he went north and worked that fence line. Every 100 yds I would get out and spotlight the fence row but no luck. 3rd stop I found a couple fallow doe bedded and we thought he could be close so I jumped out to take a peak. Colton whistled and found him bedded across the road about 75 yds. They eased up to 40 yds or so and took a shot hitting him right in the shoulder. This was at 11:21pm. By 11:29pm Colton hollered and the buck was snoring not 50 yds from where he was shot. I plowed through the brush with the SxS and we loaded him up. He is now back in his home place with plenty ladies to keep him in!

I can't thank Colton and his friend enough! Not a huge loss if the buck was to never return but just starting to manage a place and all of this being my idea I needed closure that I could feel good about! Hopefully tomorrow is a more productive day for my other full time job! I definitely owe him some time.
                    Attached Files

Comment

What a ride. Glad it ended well.

Comment

antlers, what is a normal day like for you? glad you got him back bud.

Comment

I’m just glad we got him back safe and sound! Nice thread just as good as keeping up with all the texts and phone calls all day on where he was and what he was doing while I was on the road trying to get back over to y’all. However 5am-2am = time for some shut eye! Let me know how he is doing when you check on him.

Comment

That is awesome. You definitely are in the running for threads of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by cphillips View Post
                              I’m just glad we got him back safe and sound! Nice thread just as good as keeping up with all the texts and phone calls all day on where he was and what he was doing while I was on the road trying to get back over to y’all. However 5am-2am = time for some shut eye! Let me know how he is doing when you check on him.

I'm.sure my phone calls were entertaining for you guys while on the road. Definitely a long day. I'm headed out to check on him shortly if I can locate him.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                                That is awesome. You definitely are in the running for threads of the year.
                                Been a crazy year and thankfully good endings to all situations.

Now if only I could have good closure on my LIVE hunt thread with some BBD LDPs.

Comment

Working...
                                X