Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Covert Blackhawk troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like both Covert and Spartan went to crap when they started going to the 4g-Lte. I getting my Reconyx upgraded to 4g Verizon, never any trouble with them and only cost 5 bucks a month with high quality unlimited pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DowneyDigs View Post
      I’m running a Code Black LTE. I’ve had the issue with it having a bunch of false triggers. Not constant all day and night, but pretty consistent every day regardless of sensitivity level. Covert said it was because of the heat triggering the PIR. Cool weather now and still getting false triggers during the day even set to low sensitivity.

It stopped sending pics on Saturday, and couldn’t get a real time pic. I figured it might be need to be rebooted. Rebooted it on Monday, checked for upgrades, and synced with website. It sent one pic and then stopped again. Thought maybe the batteries were getting low and causing problems. Put fresh batteries today and it still wouldn’t send. It suddenly started throwing a bunch of errors. Couldn’t browse the pics, couldn’t take manual pic, couldn’t check for updates, nothing. Brought it home. PC says that SD car is corrupted and needs to be formatted. Couldn’t get any pics off the card. Formatted SD card and now all is back to normal.

This thing has been a PITA since the beginning. All issues thus far seem to be firmware, software, or web related. Hopefully they’ll get the kinks worked out sooner or later. Sheesh. Desperately need to buy another wireless cam, but won’t pull the trigger because I’m afraid to buy another Covert. Covert was supposed to be the best based on my research before buying this one. If they’re the best, I’d hate to see the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sounds exactly like mine. I thought it was because of low battery so I went and changed batteries today and all looked well. Got home and it still won’t take pics. Called customer support and they said to change the sd card and reformat. I’ll try on Saturday after hunting. Not going to make a trip back to the lease and leave more unnecessary scent in my best spot
      Aggravating as hell

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        Seems like both Covert and Spartan went to crap when they started going to the 4g-Lte. I getting my Reconyx upgraded to 4g Verizon, never any trouble with them and only cost 5 bucks a month with high quality unlimited pics.

Ya but dam $1200 is stoutttttt on a cam!!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          Ya but dam $1200 is stoutttttt on a cam!!

Especially to have multiple cams. Too rich for me. I looked at Reconyx, but chose Covert because I could have 3 Covert for the price of 1 Reconyx.

Comment

Originally posted by DowneyDigs View Post
            Especially to have multiple cams. Too rich for me. I looked at Reconyx, but chose Covert because I could have 3 Covert for the price of 1 Reconyx.

My exact thoughts as well

Comment

I get lots of pictures at night on one of my cams and there is nothing there, daytime it happens too however I think that is shadows from the feeder, or reflections. Night time I can't figure what is causing the problem.

Comment

Working...
              X