Cisco/Eastland County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
    You’re right about the genetics. Haven’t been at it as long as you as we bought our place in 2004. Our bucks are more tall than wide. Very frustrating in an AR county.
    Yes, but most will be 16-17”. Before ARs, it was a miracle to see a deer over 3 years of age. We tried managing our place low fenced when it was a one buck county. Once we fenced the ranch, the oldest buck on the place was 3. Every now and then, we will get a deer with some width. Doesn’t happen often though
    Most times, we get tall more narrow 8s. Some might get small kickers and rarely get mule forks
    Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^^^ my dads deer of Tye’s place. The picture is my dad, Tye and his brother Troy

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
          ^^^^^ my dads deer of Tye’s place. The picture is my dad, Tye and his brother Troy
          Great deer. I know your dad was excited

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            A beautiful clean 10 and what a hunt
            Attached Files

Comment

I’ve had my place (355 acres LF) in Eastland Co a few miles west of Cisco since January. I previously hunted Coleman and McCullough counties and it certainly seems like there are fewer deer.

Comment

Here is a few from our place just north of Rising Star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My deer numbers are way up, i pull a lot of deer in because we feed year round. There is always something for them to munch on. Old hunter once told me "he who feeds the most, sees the most" i wont ever second guess old logic ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                    Have a lease just south of Moran. We have plenty of deer and numbers are getting better but quality isn't the best. A 120 inch buck is about the biggest I have seen in 3 years. Our neighbors kill a lot of young deer.
                    While the deer hunting is ok, the duck hunting was fantastic last year on some of the small tanks. That alone makes it worth it for me.
                    Just this morning we talked to the guy that is a 3rd generation rancher who owns a couple sections adjacent to us. He told us it is very rare to see deer over 3 1/2 years old in the area. Lots of people filling their tags with whatever walks out I guess.

Comment

It's the truth. I don't have a picture of a deer over 3.5 this season on 800 acres. Doesn't mean they don't show up occasionally, but the vast majority are 3.5 and under in our area.

Comment

We are on 1300 acres and have a few bucks over 3.5 but not many. We are seeing a lot more deer this year versus last year. The acorn crop isn't near as bad this year. Last year we were covered up with them. We also feed corn year round and protein 9 months out of the year. Over 3 days last weekend i saw probably close to 20 deer from my blind. (mostly doe)

I expect to see a lot more movement this weekend with the weather and the bucks are starting to chase. Good Luck guys!

Comment

Bumping this thread back up. How’d you folks do in Eastland County last season? I have an opportunity to get on a bow only lease this season.

Comment

Bump. How’s eastland county looking in 2020?

Found us a small place south of I-20. Haven’t seen any stand or feeder within a couple miles. Only been feeding for a couple weeks. Lots of pigs. And 6-8 does regular.

Comment

One of my old customers had a place near y'all.Had another place near Chico,out by Decatur.They reminded me of each other.Both were pretty big,and had some gnarly thick bottoms.He was primarily a rifle hunter.He bought a custom slug gun,and hunted trails during the rut,out of a tree stand.He had a shop with several 130-140 racks tacked up.All of them came from that rising star area.The dove hunting was phenomenal.I'd jump at the chance to get on a place out that way.Birds,pigs and nice deer.Bow hunt from a tree,and not too terribly far from DFW.Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                                One of my old customers had a place near y'all.Had another place near Chico,out by Decatur.They reminded me of each other.Both were pretty big,and had some gnarly thick bottoms.He was primarily a rifle hunter.He bought a custom slug gun,and hunted trails during the rut,out of a tree stand.He had a shop with several 130-140 racks tacked up.All of them came from that rising star area.The dove hunting was phenomenal.I'd jump at the chance to get on a place out that way.Birds,pigs and nice deer.Bow hunt from a tree,and not too terribly far from DFW.Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Thank brotha. Hoping for good things

Comment

Working...
                                X