New Leaser Funny Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    They did not see blood if there was any because the buck did not fall and ran off so it had to be a clean miss. Seen it too many times hunting right next to a ranch with gun hunters. Hear the shot, hear the hit but it did not fall so they do not go look.
    A few years ago I was on a lease in Polk Co, and a guy who lived a few miles from the lease stopped by camp with a sad sack look on his face. The next words had me ready to spit nails. He said "this is 2 weeks in a row that I have missed a giant. Last week it was a big 8 pt, this morning it was a main frame 8 with twin kickers off of his g3's"

The lease boss asked him how the blood had looked, and he got this quizzical look on his face and said "I didn't look for blood, I'm shooting a 300 WinMag, they always drop dead if I hit them"

We found the deer from that morning laying 15-20 feet off of the highline they found the skull of the other one later the next year. This was a 55-60 year old "veteran hunter", not a new hunter who may not know any better. So yeah, it happens way too often

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
    THE FINAL CHAPTER::::
    I go down to finish out the season and try to kill a buck..(whole other personal story here)

And Friday night I pull in with my 2 girls 9 and 10. The main gate off the FM road is not locked.. Well it is locked. The chain wrapped around the post and locked but not around the gate. I open the gate and lock it back correctly. Pull up to camp and there is no one there. All the lights are off doors locked. No cars...
    I think well someone is here they just ran to town and were coming back.
    I call the people...

OH no sir.. We are not out there. It is special youth only weekend.

I just got here and the gate was open and the ranch owner never leaves it like that.so someone with a key has been here.

Well... We were there, but since its special youth only we left and must have forgot to lock it back correctly.

I said well do not come back. I will get your stuff rounded up and set aside for you to come get it when I come back down.

Then, The lady says she is going to call the game warden on me because I am hunting and it is the youth special season..

I told her to please call them I would love to see him again. Its been a few weekends..

She starts quoting the wildlife book...

Archery Only Sept. 29 - Nov. 2, 2018
    General Season Nov. 3, 2018 - Jan. 20, 2019
    Youth-Only
    Early Youth-Only Oct. 27 - 28, 2018
    Late Youth-Only Jan. 7 - 20, 2019
    Special Late Jan. 21 - Feb. 3, 2019
    Special Late Season During the Special Late Season, harvest is restricted to antlerless deer and unbranched antlered bucks. An unbranched antlered buck is any buck deer with an antler having no more than one point.

I said yes its confusing.. But General Season "Big Buck" is till Jan 20th.

Then she tells me well I am just trying to "screw them" That I should have told them they could hunt bucks till the 20th and I just wanted the place all to myself..

I laughed and she hung up on me...

I changed the locks and hired a local fellow to come out and move all their stuff to the camp site.

I am glad to be done or close to being done with these people.
    You are way more patient and polite than I am I'd have the hired hand set their crap as close to the gate as possible without it being seen from the road, and tell them to be there on a certain date and time to get it

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      All these years I've been hiding from the deer. I will introduce myself to them this weekend.
      Be sure and give them a "manly" handshake and not a snowflake shake.

Comment

Working...
      X