No announcement yet.

Realtor Commissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love the realtors coming in a getting so ****** and defensive. No different than people posting question about best truck deals etc.

Thanks to Bobby though who answered in the post in a constructive manner instead of blowing up defensively and also shot me a pm. When we get ready to list I’ll give ya a call

To Sleepy, I didn’t think it was bashing or attacking realtors at all, but as always TBH ruffles feathers!

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
      Some will never understand marketing, exposure to the market, and working for your sale.

That will never change.

Commit 3% of profit to another 8 to 15% on your side? Why would anyone do that?

I'm done explaining to amateurs and millennials the benefits associated.
      Not that I am, but what does being an amateur or millennial have anything to do with wanting to save money?

If you were selling and had a buyer without a realtor, would you go hire one anyway? I wouldn't think so. I know my chances of a quick transaction are slower without a realtor, but its the route I chose and I still have a chance at making a deal without the associated fees.

Comment

Creekview Realty-Flat Fee MLS Realtor. Closed on our house 30 days after sticking the MLS sign in the ground. Paid CVR a flat fee. The buyers realtor commission, if they have one, is negotiable. Saved thousands.

Comment

Jumping over dollars to pick up dimes.

Comment

For starters I am not a realtor and don’t pretend to be but I know there are a lot of realtors knocking back closer to 50k a year than 250k. They all have expenses overhead insurance have to(should be) funding a retirement etc.

Here is why I use a realtor as a seller.

1) knowledge of local markets insure I am not leaving money on the table by under valuing my home.
            2) my time is valuable, I know what I can make at my day job and would rather be there working then dealing with meeting buyers to show my house, etc.
            3) carry costs, each month it takes to sell a house costs me money. Another months mortgage payment another months tax accrual, another months maintenance and utilities.

All of these get factored into my decision. Yes I could FSBO, yes I know where to get the forms and how to fill them out but for me in every sale I have done a good realtor and I always use good realtors make me more than they let me

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              Why don't the whiners just become realtors since it's such easy $$$$ & get their Lic?? It's free, easy to pass, no annual dues, free health ins, Matching 401K & all other sorts of goodies!! Can't believe there aren't more TBH realtor supporting members!!

Hate these ignorant go get the pitchfork realtor threads.
              And all you do it post the house on the network and buyers line up! LOL

There are pro's and con's..

If you do not know exactly what your property is worth you better get a realtor. If you do know, you may not know LOL. But if you do AND have time to wait then go for it.

I think a lot of realtor bashing comes because there are lots of rally bad realtors out there. Lots who simply post the home for sale online and do nothing else.

A good realtor is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                LOL Who's the whiner???

Don't like the thread, don't open it and post. Simple. Just like I don't open the high fence or Christianity threads...
                I'll start a thread. Christian realtor crossbow HF group hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
                  Funny thing to me is realtors make 6% split between buyers and sellers agent plus two brokers getting a small cut of that plus expenses. Not sure of too many business that operate on 3% margins

And realtors don't operate on 3% margin either. Margin would be sales vs costs. 100k house, 3k for realtor. The 3k is the realtors sales. Costs are what he spent operating his business. Wont add up to a 3% margin, will be much higher. 3% would be if he invested 97k, and sold for 100k (and to be picky, my numbers aren't exactly right, but you get the picture). And yes, hard to operate a business at that margin, although some probably do. Mine seems like it does sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    Some see the value of hiring a Realtor, some don't. Keep in mind that 6% is usually split, 3 and 3. Knock out about 25-30% for taxes, some for various association dues, marketing/advertising, photography, sponsorships, fuel (ranch guys can burn a lot of fuel!), equipment upkeep, a little for retirement, insurance on everything, health insurance, ECT, ECT. It costs a lot to do what we do. It can be a high-risk-high-reward deal for sure. Oh ya, and when we take on a seller or buyer as a client, we do everything in the HOPES of getting paid...it's not guaranteed. How many of y'all are willing to work for someone for months and risk not getting paid a dime, and worse--actually losing $$?
                    Great write up and so true..wife was realtor for 20+y..I worked in Chem pl Operator/analyzer tec...I was always High overtime man...I always made more money...and less hours than She..her phone seemed to never stop..and everyone wants to SEE/LOOKIE after there work and on W/E..Its not a Piece of Cake

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                      We just bought a home and used a set fee realtor, 5k flat fee vs the standard 6%... saved us a few thousand.
                      you paid your realtor when buying a house?

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
                        Add the 6% fee to the price of the house.
                        This is idiotic. I had a realtor tell me this once and I just laughed and told them they wouldn't be getting the listing. The home should sell at the highest price the market will pay. Period.

Comment

We just bought a home and used a set fee realtor, 5k flat fee vs the standard 6%... saved us a few thousand.
                          I like that idea better. Everything's negotiable.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                            Anybody that smarts off to me gets put on the blacklist for never receiving my screenshot of Ragin's TBH exit!

Comment

A set fee buyers agent? Please explain? Was there a listing agent involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                                This is idiotic. I had a realtor tell me this once and I just laughed and told them they wouldn't be getting the listing. The home should sell at the highest price the market will pay. Period.

Looking at it from a business perspective, why wouldn't you add the 6% cost to the price? You don't think that all businesses don't have the cost of sales and marketing factored into their product's price? They do. No different in this situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X