X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone back at it??

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got out this weekend, I’m around Avery. Bucks we’re coming in on a string from rattling the antlers on Friday night and Saturday morning. Haven’t seen any since Saturday morning

Comment

I've only been seeing deer the first hour and last hour of daylight recently.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Back at it here in SE RRC. Rain just let up some. Hunted here 5 days ago and no deer at all. Anyone else had better luck?

Comment

Slow at our place on the Sulfur. Not even seeing the number of pigs we usually see. I’ve never seen so many acorns though. On the bright side, no shortage of mallards. Can’t wait for the second season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went a couple days ago. Saw one nice funky 8 that looked ragged from the rut. Same deer a couple weeks ago prob weighed 20 more pounds or more. Lol. 6 doe but still slow for what I normally see. Also seeing a ton of ducks

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                I went a couple days ago. Saw one nice funky 8 that looked ragged from the rut. Same deer a couple weeks ago prob weighed 20 more pounds or more. Lol. 6 doe but still slow for what I normally see. Also seeing a ton of ducks

Need to come by and see the house brother

Comment

Man I know. Been crazy busy. Hunted twice in two weeks. Baby girl is having open heart surgery Monday so not sure I have much season left.

Comment

Originally posted by dbelcher269 View Post
                    Man I know. Been crazy busy. Hunted twice in two weeks. Baby girl is having open heart surgery Monday so not sure I have much season left.

We will be praying for y’all!!! Doors open anytime y’all wanna come by

Comment

Just got in the stand. My oldest son is up first. Looks like they have been laying off of one feeder but hammering the other one. Hopefully the rain hold out and they get up and moving.

Comment

Weekend recap.

Friday evening: (4) doe came into hand corn around 4:15. Walked right past the feeder. Stayed about 10 minutes and left.

Saturday morning: (4) Doe at first light same group as the evening before. Wondered back and forth for about an hour.

Saturday evening: (2) doe came in right after the feeder went off. Stayed 5 minutes and left. About 5:15 doe started coming from every direction. Counted 11 total. No horns to be seen.
                        Got back to camp and got a friendly visit for (3) Game Wardens. My 12 year olds first interaction with them. Was a great teaching experience as they checked everything out.

Sunday morning. Nothing at first light till about 8;30. Had one wonder into the feeder. looked like a doe so we weren’t in to big of a hurry. Got the binos out and turned out to be a spike, by the time my son got on him He was behind a tree and gone. 10 minutes later a two year old buck walks out with his left side broke off. Stood in the road for 15-20 minutes until he was run off by a mature doe. After that it was squirrels and birds.

Pulled out of the gate at noon only to see a basket 8 standing just off the road on our place headed toward the stand we just got out of. Could have heard a pin drop when my son said wish we could hunt that place they have some Good deer. Needless to say we quickly refreshed his memory on the property lines before we headed home.

Counted 14 more along the county road On the way out. They were def
                        up and moving today. Still slow for our place this time of year. It’s seems to be all or nothing right now. Hopefully we get some more cold weather. I didn’t pack enough shorts for hunting at 60+ degrees.
                        Last edited by jonesy11383; 12-01-2019, 08:23 PM. Reason: Miss spelling

Comment

Any updates? Head back up this weekend. Thanks

Comment

Headed up to see if my son can make it happen. Running late as always will be coming in hot. Anyone else going to be out in the woods this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                            X