Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Why I’m leaving slicktrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, the most important thing is confidence in your broadhead. Obviously the OP has lost confidence in SlickTricks, whether it’s his fault or not. He should change heads imo. We continue to learn in this game we all love

Comment

Ain’t got nuthin to do with the broadhead

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
        When it comes to cutting thru the good stuff, and having two holes, how can one leave a bad bloodtrail??
        I use slick tricks and have killed about 7 deer and an elk with them. All have been pass throughs and have found the animal within 100 yards on them but all but one of them have had pretty weak blood trails. Maybe it’s a small sample size but I found it odd since they were pass throughs. Anyway, I love the way they fly and have good luck with them so I’ll continue using them.

Comment

If I said:

I was driving to cinnamon creek the other day and ran out of gas, I’m done with cinnamon creek!

There would be the same type response here. The one at blame wasn’t at fault.

And again if op wants to change equipment by all means do what needs done, just don’t play the Broadhead failed me card when it didn’t

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            I’m fine with someone disagreeing with me. I am just stating what I have found with slick tricks. Any broadhead can have a good blood trail once or twice. I shot 15-20 animals with them and the majority of the blood trails sucked. So for everyone quoting me saying how awesome they are, if you have only shot one or two things get a bigger sample size then come back to me [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Sooooooo... how many of those animals were recoverable kills?

Comment

When it comes to cutting thru the good stuff, and having two holes, how can one leave a bad bloodtrail??
              Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
              I use slick tricks and have killed about 7 deer and an elk with them. All have been pass throughs and have found the animal within 100 yards on them but all but one of them have had pretty weak blood trails. Maybe it’s a small sample size but I found it odd since they were pass throughs. Anyway, I love the way they fly and have good luck with them so I’ll continue using them.
              This was exactly what happened with me and the Montec g5. I switched to ST mags and have had much better blood trails. Only killed a handful of pigs and deer and an aoudad.

Comment

Swap to killzone mechanicals or ram cat fixed. Can't go wrong with either. I have both in quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH44 View Post
                  Blood trails are what they are. Shot angles and speed of retreat affect them.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    If I said:

I was driving to cinnamon creek the other day and ran out of gas, I’m done with cinnamon creek!

There would be the same type response here. The one at blame wasn’t at fault.

And again if op wants to change equipment by all means do what needs done, just don’t play the Broadhead failed me card when it didn’t

This^^^ you wrote exactly what I was thinking. Don't go looking for an excuse, if you're not willing to accept your own shortcomings, in the final result......

Comment

I hav been doing this bowhunting thing for over 40 years and in all those years I have killed a bunch of animals and lost some And I have never lost an animal due to a broadhead and I have used a buch of different heads. All due to poor shot placement.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
                        Sooooooo... how many of those animals were recoverable kills?

All but 2. Those were both pigs. That said of the ones found the blood trails sucked for shot placement.

There are many other better fixed heads than a slick trick.

Comment

Originally posted by mudslinger View Post
                          i hav been doing this bowhunting thing for over 40 years and in all those years i have killed a bunch of animals and lost some and i have never lost an animal due to a broadhead and i have used a buch of different heads. All due to poor shot placement.
                          👍

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                            All but 2. Those were both pigs. That said of the ones found the blood trails sucked for shot placement.

There are many other better fixed heads than a slick trick.

Total BS. If a broadhead is sharp, flys true, and penetrates, how can one be “better”?

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                              I call BS maybe the opposite is true I could believe that but 15 to 20 no blood trails...right
                              Years ago I shot maybe 10-12 deer with ST's and never even had a decent bloodtrail. Not.once.

And I know the guys with deer dogs don't like them either because of the common lack of sign.

Those comments have nothing to do with the OP. Carry on.

Comment

Total BS. If a broadhead is sharp, flys true, and penetrates, how can one be “better”?

Wrong. Slick tricks don’t hold an edge. The flat blade angle dulls the **** out of the blades upon entry. The fact they don’t use premium material means by the time the blades enter the cavity they are dull. I can take my iron wills and shave hair after passing through an animal. Slick tricks dull in the quiver.

Comment

Working...
                                X