F350 Going in for Kevlar Paint!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
    Thanks. I’m trying to set it up to where when I get injectors and a Hydra chip it’ll be safe to tow with. I’ll pull a trailer most every day. Make sure my egt’s stay in check. I decided on those full force 180/30 Full force injectors. Should be plenty of pep without the risk of burning everything up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your going to be happy.

For comparison my sons 97 sits on 36’s, his only mods are a 4” turbo back exhaust, the injectors I mentioned earlier and a TS-6 tuner. Last weekend he let a Dude in an 18 Cummins get in his head, well I saw video out the passenger window as they hit the 20 mph stomp and he flat drove off from that Dude!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      Your going to be happy.

For comparison my sons 97 sits on 36’s, his only mods are a 4” turbo back exhaust, the injectors I mentioned earlier and a TS-6 tuner. Last weekend he let a Dude in an 18 Cummins get in his head, well I saw video out the passenger window as they hit the 20 mph stomp and he flat drove off from that Dude!

Man if I didn’t tow regularly I’d do stage 2 injectors and really build this sucker up to go play. But....it’s my DD and trailer hauler. What’s funny is I’m doing all of this and my wife stays on my azz for driving too slow.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

Comment

Man if I didn’t tow regularly I’d do stage 2 injectors and really build this sucker up to go play. But....it’s my DD and trailer hauler. What’s funny is I’m doing all of this and my wife stays on my azz for driving too slow.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji6]

Your doing it right. Next step is prepping the trans [emoji6]

Comment

That's what I was thinking! Prep it now, or prep the replacement.

Lord how I love a hopped up turbo diezel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Debating whether to just get a built one or just upgrade the valve body on this one.

Comment

Debating whether to just get a built one or just upgrade the valve body on this one.

Valve body, truss, torque converter..... it all needs attention to handle what you are about to give it.

That trans was happy to see 100K between re-builds when behind a stock engine so with added power....

Comment

Valve body, truss, torque converter..... it all needs attention to handle what you are about to give it.

That trans was happy to see 100K between re-builds when behind a stock engine so with added power....

Looking at making the trip to Arkansas to get a BTS trans installed. He seems to be the 4r100 wizard. Give him a call this week to see what it’s going to run and when he can get me in. Hopefully enough time to let me get a couple jobs done and make some money lol. This is getting pricey but it’ll be like a new truck when it’s done.

Comment

More parts arrived today. Spearco Intercooler, Sinister Diesel intercooler pipes with all new boots, and a much larger Douglas blue 6637 air filter. Getting her all built up and ready for new injectors and Hydra Chip. She’s gonna fly one day.[emoji6]

Comment

Man it has been fun building my truck with your money! I wouldn't change a thing!

Comment

F350 Going in for Kevlar Paint!!!

So it’s been a while since I updated this post. Finally got around to putting on a bunch of parts I’ve been piling up. It’s really coming along.
                      New parts include mishomoto aluminum radiator, turbonetics intercooler, Sinister Intercooler pipes, new 195* thermostat and Sinister housing, new battery cables, new batteries, and a new starter. I had an oil leak so fixed that and decided it was time to get going on her again. It’s become quite the hobby. Pretty sure I’ll be purchasing some big injectors and Hydra Chip with some custom tunes to really open her up.

Comment

Saaaaweeeet!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Just read through the whole build. Great choices and congrats on a nice rig!

Comment

Well it’s been a while since posting. I FINALLY pulled the trigger on some injectors. Went with Full Force 205/80 hybrid injectors. To run these I also ordered Hydra tuner/chip with 1023 custom tunes. I’ll have to keep my foot out of it until I build up the transmission but this should really wake this truck up. These old stock injectors have about had it. Oh and I found out I’ll be replacing the water pump also (it’s leaking)[emoji849].

Comment

Got the new BTS valve body, Hydra Tuner, new injectors and new injector cups in yesterday. Took her for a spin today. Holy moly what a difference. Best mod so far. It will flat out roast the tires. With the old injectors you couldn’t make them spin if you wanted to. It’s gotta be pushing well over 400hp now. Nothing like the 275hp it came with stock. Super impressed. Now if I can just keep the stock trans working for a while. Gonna be tough for these young guys in their old dodges around here. Always wanting to race. They are gonna have there work cut out for em. [emoji6]

Comment

It should cook you dinner, you have a million dollars in that tank. [emoji15]

BTW...how much you want for that old tuner???[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X