No announcement yet.

Will he survive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t know man, that’s necrotic tissue, if it is infected it could become septic

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Say what?????

How will that work?

Wow, that would be a sight.

Comment

Coyotes in our area would have gotten him already. Infection looks to be spreading. I would be surprised if he made it to the cold months.

Comment

Odds are against him but Ive seen worse make it.. Only time will tell.
          Probably a broad head wound..

Comment

I doubt it, but wouldn't surprise me if he did

Comment

Any chance that could be a snake bite that had gotten infected and swollen?

Comment

I'm curious why you would feel the need to black out the deer's head and antlers in a "will he survive" pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  Wow, that would be a sight.

I just had a leg walk right though my shooting lane.

Comment

Why did you scribble through his head?

What was that thread someone posted last year about taking a deer that previously had both front legs shot off?

If infection or predators don't get him he will survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I don’t know man, that’s necrotic tissue, if it is infected it could become septic
                      That's what I'm seeing...the darkening tissue has moved up past the injury sight and looks like it's well on it's way to being full blown septic. Either the injury will take him out or yotes.

Comment

I blacked out his head cause I didn’t want to derail the thread with talks about his antlers. He is an impressive deer and my property is in a populated area. Wanted the discussion to stay on the injury.

Thanks for all the opinions.

Comment

It looks as if he's soaking wet. Perhaps he has fever and was in a pond/creek? The tissue looks necrotic or is water logged. I have seen some deer like this survive and some have passed. I think you're at a 50/50 ratio. Their will to live is unlike anything I have ever seen though.

Comment

Deer are incredibly tough animals but that looks pretty infected.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I just had a leg walk right though my shooting lane.

Comment

I have had a Three legged buck for 5 years on my place. i crack up every time i see him. Just knew he was coyote bait in 2013. Im covered up with yotes and he still makes it to the feeders then disappears like a ghost.

Comment

Working...
                                X