X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    Africa
    This!

Some African big game hunts are comparable to a high end Elk hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
      Check into hunting blacktails on Prince of Wales Island in Alaska. You can hunt almost the entire island, license is cheap ($70ish), tags are fairly cheap ($150ish each), scenery is great, plenty of deer. Late October is the when the rut starts (early November is a little better). Take a plane to Ketchikan ($600ish), and then you can either take a ferry ride to the island ($80) or do a float plane ($150ish). Good road system on the island and several towns for food, supplies, gas, etc. You can either rent a car on the island or in Ketchikan and take on the ferry. Or, some of the places to stay offer unlimited use of a vehicle (what we did).

But, if you really want an adventure, you can rent one of the many forest service cabins for next to nothing ($40is/night). Many of them are located on lakes that you can fly in to. No roads to most of these cabins, so you have to bring in all your supplies.
      Now there is an idea

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Will be in October 2019. Thinking New Mexico or Colorado. Elk or mule deer. Haven’t decided on now or rifle(don’t flame me). Just wanting info on costs, outfitters, etc. 5-7 day guided trip. Thanks in advance. Any other suggestions would be great too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Why didn't I think of this 8 years ago!

Comment

Working...
        X