No announcement yet.

Live hunt? Why not! NJ goes hunting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaser pic... not mine or Shane's. Another TBH lease member... I'm sure there will be a thread posted once he gets his hands clean...

Last edited by nursejenn; 10-07-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Nice megafawn

Comment

Heck yeah!!!

Comment

Looks like the gals are get-n it done at yall's camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Looks like the gals are get-n it done at yall's camp.
            Qell Brandon killed tha axis but more than the boys!

In and settled. It's a little "cooler" than it has been, overcast with a bit of a breeze but the Ozonics is running and so is the Thermacell...

Comment

I’m jealous. I have to work this weekend. My dad and a lease mate connected with spikes the last two days. I’m itching to get back in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been pretty quiet. Had a doe pass through around 445 but was not interred in what NJ had.
                Feeder just threw so fingers crossed...

Comment

Congrats on the big nanny

Comment

I LOVE hunting!

I had a doe finally come in around 715pm. At 730, I was turning my Thermacell off and I saw a huge body walking in from my left. I grabbed my bones and looked and it was a huge 10 that I've had on camera regularly.he is also the buck that hangs with the old cull 10pt that I want to shoot. So I get ready and sure enough, right behind him is one of my targets. They jump in and are eating from the trough and the cull is reaching all the way across to the other side to eat, straight facing me and the big 10 is perfectly broadside.

So I draw and wait for a clear shot at the cull... all the while in completely shock and disbelief at the size of the 10 and the fact that I'm gonna use sheer willpower to let him walk. The cull finally turns and walks toward the feeder leaving me with a perfect quartering to shot. I do not like quartering to shots so I decided not to risk it. They moved on around 743 with 1 minute of shooting light left and I packed it in.

Like I said, I love hunting!

Comment

Aw man (woman) that hurts! Good decision though!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        I LOVE hunting!

I had a doe finally come in around 715pm. At 730, I was turning my Thermacell off and I saw a huge body walking in from my left. I grabbed my bones and looked and it was a huge 10 that I've had on camera regularly.he is also the buck that hangs with the old cull 10pt that I want to shoot. So I get ready and sure enough, right behind him is one of my targets. They jump in and are eating from the trough and the cull is reaching all the way across to the other side to eat, straight facing me and the big 10 is perfectly broadside.

So I draw and wait for a clear shot at the cull... all the while in completely shock and disbelief at the size of the 10 and the fact that I'm gonna use sheer willpower to let him walk. The cull finally turns and walks toward the feeder leaving me with a perfect quartering to shot. I do not like quartering to shots so I decided not to risk it. They moved on around 743 with 1 minute of shooting light left and I packed it in.

Like I said, I love hunting!
                        Exciting! That's why we hunt, not just the kill.

Comment

Thunder and lightning keeping NJ in camp this morning...
                          Last edited by nursejenn; 10-08-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Muskles was wondering if NJ was too sick to hunt this morning.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X