No announcement yet.

Dryer quit heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy new dryer. It will end up being same price regardless of what you have to fix unless you do yourself. Even then it's 50/50 these days.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
      I guess you should check to be sure that you have 230 volts at the outlet first.
      This, as I recall, one leg runs the dryer, one leg runs the heat strip.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
        had the same thing happen a couple years ago. I'm embraced to admit the issue, after changing out multiple parts, was the breaker. Older house where the 230 circuits were two separate breakers not connected. So I was only getting 110 to the dryer. It would run but not heat.
        Yeap - check to see your getting 110VAC to each leg and 220VAC across both legs. Also check to see if your receptical is good. I once had one that went bad where I wasn’t getting good contact with the plug. Using a volt meter it seemed good but when I tested at the terminal points on the dryer side of the plug I only had 110VAC.

Comment

Heating coil was bad. Thanks for the help fellas

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
            Heating coil was bad. Thanks for the help fellas
            Out of curiosity, what did that cost you to replace?

Comment

Does your dryer have a red reset button that is inside of the back panel, outside of the heating coil? My dryer has tripped it twice and if it wasn't for my wife the first time, I wouldn't have ever figured out what the issue was before trying to replace parts. She googled up the make and "not heating" to see that there is a reset button. Took the back panel off, which has 40 darn screws and pushed it in. Working just like new each time. Lent buildup was the probably cause of it tripping.

Comment

Google is your friend. I discovered a few weeks ago that if you search the model and the problem you can find a wealth of information and trouble shooting tips. I followed the troubleshooting suggested and fixed my dryer quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
                  Dont know yet, will be calling appliance repair shops this morning to try to find one. I am guessing it will be $60-70 (hopefully less). I have a bad feeling its gonna be tough to find one around this area and may have to try to find one online.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate Riley View Post
                    $75 for a new element. Will stick it on when I get home from work this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X