No announcement yet.

Waterfowl wader jacket recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been let down with Drake. I think Sitka is just too proud of their stuff, and I just got a new Drake jacket last year. The previous one lasted 8 years of pretty hard waterfowling (I don't hunt every day, but I hunt a lot). It's got a liner that I take out when it's not cold enough and plenty waterproof.

Comment

Sitka delta for sure.

Comment

Nat Gear makes some great jackets that don't break the bank.

Drake is junk imo. None of their stuff stays waterproof and seams pull out easily.

I've had good luck with Browning jackets in the past.

Comment

Columbia wader widgeon

Comment

I loved my Drake gear but it's not waterproof, more like water resistant. And as stated above, I always had the seams pull on any drake gear I had. Chunked it all and switched to sitka.

Keep in mind, sitka is designed for layering and is form fitting. It will fit under waders better than the thick herters or drake 3 in 1 jackets that are extremely puffy comparatively.

It seems over priced at first but depending how much you hunt, it most definitely is worth every penny. Even better if you can find a pro staffer to buy for you...

Comment

I bought my Columbia wading jacket in the 90s. The camo pattern is way out of style but it's still warm, still water proof and still solid. Doesn't get worn as much the last ten years but for those three or four hunts I need it each season I still know it was a good purchase.

Gary

Comment

Those that have had issues with Drake, they have listened. I must have been lucky before or didn't stress mine enough but never had the seam issues. But the new guardian elite level stuff is waterproof. And all the seams are now taped on top of the stitching for 2 layers of protection.

Comment

Check out Camofire today (5 Oct 2018)

Camofire brings you a new lineup of deals on hunting gear, camo and clothes everyday! Our hunting deals are typically 40-70% off retail.

Comment

Working...
                  X