bikes for hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bikes for hunters

Has anyone used a bike or e bike for hunting ?

yes

Comment

I have used a mountain bike, but I ride year round so I'm use to it.

Comment

Yep, in Colorado. Plan on using it on the Laguna Atascosa Hunt this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, 29" mountain bike.

Comment

There are some good threads on here about setups for hunting. I have one but it won't really work for the spots I have right now.

Comment

I recently built one. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=705536

tested it out this past weekend in less than ideal conditions. sloppy mud, flooded creeks etc. I rode that thing up through the woods, through open fields of 4 ft high grass , over logs and big rocks etc. drove it right through flooded creek beds and straight through sloppy mud. worked perfectly.

im about to build another one on a 5" tire bike.

Comment

No, but when I was in high school a doe ran into me at night while I was riding my bike in my neighborhood and messed me up pretty bad. Crashed really hard.

Honestly, that's the main reason I hunt. Still mad.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                  No, but when I was in high school a doe ran into me at night while I was riding my bike in my neighborhood and messed me up pretty bad. Crashed really hard.

Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post

I love this hahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by bitbackshot View Post
                      no, but when i was in high school a doe ran into me at night while i was riding my bike in my neighborhood and messed me up pretty bad. Crashed really hard.

Honestly, that's the main reason i hunt. Still mad.
                      lol

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I used my old mountain bike a few years ago when the situation called for it.
                          It worked great and I carried a couple of deer out of the woods with it.
                          Tied the legs together, draped them over the seat post, and tied the head to the handle bar stem and walked on the opposite side of the deer leaning the weight of the deer against the frame......Sure beat dragging it 300 yards.

Comment

Make sure it's legal where you hunt. Wilderness areas are a no no.
                            They can make your access much easier though.

Comment

I'd like to use a mountain bike but would worry that I might get sweaty on the way to the blind. The electric bikes seem cool but the price not so much

Comment

Working...
                              X