• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
    Will update full story later.

Congrats on a well deserved deer Jason!

Comment

Great deer detective! Congrats!

Comment

I never did update my change in setup. The ground blind was good however being on the ground visibility was terrible for me but great for the deer. I ended up bringing a ladder in and clearing a cedar tree for a small shooting lane a couple Wednesdays ago when it was really windy. It was howling and allowed me to make a move easily. I let it sit a couple days and then started hunting it again. Reason for limited LIVE updates was inability to move much. I sat 5 times in the stand and skunked 1 time. I could see deer coming well in advance 16' up. I will probably leave this set for next season bow and gun. Numerous times deer would walk right under me to approach the feed pen.

This season isn't quite over however 2018 is. I have a 7yr old that wants to kill a deer and 2 culls are frequent visitors. Killing the buck in the pen hasn't slowed action down. Hardly any blood from the shot and the next morning I had 9 different deer in here for 3 hrs. Going to let it sit for the remainder of General Season and get my boy set up late youth season. Never know what may move in with Ol Bully Buck gone now.

Here are pics of the new set I killed him from.
        Attached Files

Comment

I had two ladder stands with wheels for public till I put one in the classifieds here this summer. It wasn't but 10' to the seat. But I killed a ton of critters off of it with both bow and slug gun. The ladder stand I kept looks a lot like yours, 15 footer. Only I've got some really thick cushions for it . I don't always use all the sections. Last deer came at 8' to the seat with a slug gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I had two ladder stands with wheels for public till I put one in the classifieds here this summer. It wasn't but 10' to the seat. But I killed a ton of critters off of it with both bow and slug gun. The ladder stand I kept looks a lot like yours, 15 footer. Only I've got some really thick cushions for it . I don't always use all the sections. Last deer came at 8' to the seat with a slug gun.
            It can be uncomfortable. Lol

I have one of the Hawk 10ft with wheels. Very nice and easy for quick setup changes.
            Attached Files

Comment

That is an awesome buck. congrats on a trophy and great story.

Comment

Good lookin buck,
                Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                X