This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Do you guys have kiddos? Not trying to get too personal, but this sounds genetic. If your wife hasn’t been tested, she probably should and if a mutation is found, your kiddos should be tested.
    We do, and yes we're in the middle of the genetic study now. Our kids and her siblings are all a part of the study. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      We do, and yes we're in the middle of the genetic study now. Our kids and her siblings are all a part of the study. Thanks for the input.
      Very good. My profession is clinical genetics. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Comment

rvd - thanks for sharing your story on here.

Tell your wife to stay tuned for the comedy meltdown stating at 11AM on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          Very good. My profession is clinical genetics. Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
          Pm already sent

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Tell your wife to stay tuned for the comedy meltdown stating at 11AM on Saturday.

Lol! My wife and I will be in opposition for that game, she's of the cheer for the Ags and whoever's playing TU variety, I'll be pulling for the Horns.
            Last edited by rvd; 10-04-2018, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post

Boy, I say boy, thems fightin words. Fortunately, they keep their feathers numbered for just such an emergency.

Comment

Want to say thanks to you men on this thread for the last few weeks. I've been a member of TBH for almost 10 years but typically don't post much. On August 16th my seemingly perfectly healthy and fit wife, without any warning, went into cardiac arrest while sitting right next to me in our living room. I immediately called 911 and did CPR on her until EMS arrived. After almost 20 minutes and several shocks, her heart started pumping and she started breathing on her own. She was life flighted to Hermann Med Center where she was in a medically induced coma for 3 days, 3 days that we had no idea if she would ever wake up again. After much prayer and tremendous medical care she woke up with no permanent damage, which we believe to be a real miracle! Since the time we left the hospital on 8/23 until this past Monday, I have been her full-time nurse/monitor and found myself with an inordinate amount of down time which then led me to stumble across this thread (don't have much down time in real life). I love college football, I was fortunate enough to play and have it pay my way thru college and then I was able to get to coach college football for a few years. My oldest son played in college and my 17 yr old will if he wants to, we're not real passionate about a single team but we are real passionate about the game (we meaning my boys and I, my wife and daughter are papered Aggies). This thread broke up a whole lot of monotony for my wife and I as I read her some of the posts and waited for the next counter punch you dudes throw at each other. TBH is a great place filled with a bunch of really good people that I'm proud to be associated with. I plan to check in on you fellas in the future and will do my best to not judge your football acumen or lack there of (Smart ).

Thanks again for the last few weeks and I'll leave you with two things I've recently come to know without a doubt:
                1. Treat people right all the time and take nothing for granted, we truly never know when our card will be pulled and regret is a powerful thing.
                2. If you don't know CPR you need to learn it, seconds count when a person's heart stops and CPR is an effective tool we sometimes take for granted.

Later and I'm with BoB, OU sucks!

Glad to hear she's doing well!! I'm with Bob!! That reminds me of those I stand with her bumper stickers!![emoji33]

Comment

Lol! My wife and I will be in opposition for that game, she's of the cheer for the Ags and whoever's playing TU variety, I'll be pulling for the Horns.

Smart man even if your sarcasm meter for all things Aggie **** talking, including sacrificing perceived football acumen, needs to be thumped every now and then...

Glad your wife is doing better RVD.....glad your CPR acumen is up to date...

Comment

The big 12 is terrible this year. May be worse than conference usa. Lots of games to be played yet but all look like average to mediocre teams. Anyone believe that ou, texas, or tcu would be higher than 5th in the SEC? Pac 12 is pretty bad as well.

Still more season left and a lot can change- injuries etc but bowl season should tell the tale.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                      The big 12 is terrible this year. May be worse than conference usa. Lots of games to be played yet but all look like average to mediocre teams. Anyone believe that ou, texas, or tcu would be higher than 5th in the SEC? Pac 12 is pretty bad as well.

Still more season left and a lot can change- injuries etc but bowl season should tell the tale.
                      Shots fired!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post

Go on

Comment

Want to say thanks to you men on this thread for the last few weeks. I've been a member of TBH for almost 10 years but typically don't post much. On August 16th my seemingly perfectly healthy and fit wife, without any warning, went into cardiac arrest while sitting right next to me in our living room. I immediately called 911 and did CPR on her until EMS arrived. After almost 20 minutes and several shocks, her heart started pumping and she started breathing on her own. She was life flighted to Hermann Med Center where she was in a medically induced coma for 3 days, 3 days that we had no idea if she would ever wake up again. After much prayer and tremendous medical care she woke up with no permanent damage, which we believe to be a real miracle! Since the time we left the hospital on 8/23 until this past Monday, I have been her full-time nurse/monitor and found myself with an inordinate amount of down time which then led me to stumble across this thread (don't have much down time in real life). I love college football, I was fortunate enough to play and have it pay my way thru college and then I was able to get to coach college football for a few years. My oldest son played in college and my 17 yr old will if he wants to, we're not real passionate about a single team but we are real passionate about the game (we meaning my boys and I, my wife and daughter are papered Aggies). This thread broke up a whole lot of monotony for my wife and I as I read her some of the posts and waited for the next counter punch you dudes throw at each other. TBH is a great place filled with a bunch of really good people that I'm proud to be associated with. I plan to check in on you fellas in the future and will do my best to not judge your football acumen or lack there of (Smart ).

Thanks again for the last few weeks and I'll leave you with two things I've recently come to know without a doubt:
                          1. Treat people right all the time and take nothing for granted, we truly never know when our card will be pulled and regret is a powerful thing.
                          2. If you don't know CPR you need to learn it, seconds count when a person's heart stops and CPR is an effective tool we sometimes take for granted.

So glad she is doing better. I can't imagine having to go through that.

Comment

OU by 20 and I hate OU !

Comment

Scary stuff man and glad she is doing better! You should be able to get plenty of entertainment around here this weekend

Comment

OU has not faced a D with a pulse. Their D is terrible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X