Bassmaster drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dru View Post
    First event of the year is going on now.
    News, videos, results and live stream coverage of the 2019 Bass Pro Tour B&W Trailer Hitches Stage One Presented by Power-Pole on the Kissimmee Chain.

Coverage is a little spotty but that is to expected out in the middle of nowhere. Not the dink fest some thought it would be. Pretty cool to be able to see what the guys are doing instead of just what they caught.
    I mean it is still kind of a dink fest... The guy sitting in 2nd would have 9.68lbs if this was a 5 fish tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      I mean it is still kind of a dink fest... The guy sitting in 2nd would have 9.68lbs if this was a 5 fish tournament.
      That's the cold front + Florida. The guys at the top except for Howell are flipping mats and heavy cover not fishing for dinks. They are fishing the way they would in any other event. The format hasn't changed the way they fish.

Comment

I hope Ike falls in the lake.

Tournament bass fisherman are the biggest bunch of whiners on the planet...(ducks)

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I hope Ike falls in the lake.

Tournament bass fisherman are the biggest bunch of whiners on the planet...(ducks)
          Shut up Dale

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
            If it is like they do on MLF, the towns get a lot of advertising by the anglers when there. It is part of what they do. They show the anglers doing the many different things to do in the specific town, seeing the sights, eating the food, etc... I would think that could potentially bring in more $ than 1 weekend and a couple thousand spectators. As for the sponsors, with the way the MLF is televised, they would get way more exposure than before. Basically Johnny Morris, Boyd Duckett, KVD, and the others found a more efficient way to professionally bass fish than BASS. Sponsors are happy, anglers are happy, fans are happy. Win, win, win.
            I don't know about all this, unless you have been to one of their tourneys. The MLF shows I have seen, the fishermen had no idea what lake they were going to, thus no weigh-ins, no crowds at the boat launch. Its great for TV, but the folks that like to attend the weigh-ins(me) are left out of the equation. I think they are on a slippery slope. Only a portion of anglers are happy, only a portion of fans are happy, sponsors are reaping the profit in this, as usual.

That being said, I like the MLF because of the spontaneity and unknown. I think their is a happy medium between MLF and BASS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Welders are worse...

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
                I agree MLF is the way to go. You catch the fish weigh it and release in a matter of a couple of minutes.
                I met a Pro and was talking to him at Church about this, He loves Major League fishing. He said he preferred it over BASS. I prefer to watch MLF.

Comment

Watching MLF makes me glad I crappie fish! Those guys are some of the best in the world and they still zero sometimes!! I don't have the patience anymore to chunk and wind all day to only catch a couple fish I'm gonna throw back anyways. It's a neat show though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m a fan of MLF as well... the weigh-ins will be missed but the fisheries will reap the benefits! My wife’s uncle is Alton Jones and I talked to him about it before this even took place and he thought the sport would change towards this type of process a while ago. I don’t mind it other than the nice weigh in family passes we used to get from time to time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                      I'm in favor of the 'no more weigh-ins'.
                      Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                      Why?
                      After watching today theres really no reason for them anymore at the top level.

Comment

I haven't had time to watch today, coverage was garbage yesterday though. When it wasn't frozen the commentators were constantly talking over the anglers.

I know my comments have been negative the last couple of days but I really was looking forward to the new tour. Its just the first tournament so I won't pass judgement yet but so far I don't think their coverage is better or even as good as BASS. FLW was even better for the first event of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                          I haven't had time to watch today, coverage was garbage yesterday though. When it wasn't frozen the commentators were constantly talking over the anglers.

I know my comments have been negative the last couple of days but I really was looking forward to the new tour. Its just the first tournament so I won't pass judgement yet but so far I don't think their coverage is better or even as good as BASS. FLW was even better for the first event of the year.
                          Are you saying flw coverage online was better ? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                            Welders are worse...

Not all welders
                            Union Electricians.......wanna talk drama?! They take the cake

Comment

Are they still doing it where the anglers don’t know what lake they are fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                                Are they still doing it where the anglers don’t know what lake they are fishing?
                                Not in these deals.

They are still doing that on the MLF "cup" shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X