Slow morning in Brady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow morning in Brady

Warm and foggy. Just one little buck and two coons.

Sitting in a stand that normally is covered in deer.

Same in Junction. Normally see 15-20 deer at this spot but totally skunked this morning. I knew it was going to be slow because there had been very little activity on the Covert cams. I only went out this morning because my target back was here yesterday.
    I guess between acorns and all this new growth they just aren’t hungry at all.

Comment

Hang in there it can happen at any moment. Good luck y'all.

Comment

I only had two pictures on my camera in Burnet over the past few days. Too many acorns.

Comment

Good Luck Raleigh!

Comment

In for the evening sit. Come on deer!!!

Comment

Slow over toward Melvin too. I did have a real nice 9 in early this morning that I let walk, a young doe, and a coon. Oldest killed a doe this morning, also early... darn moon isnt helping.

Comment

Good luck Raleigh! We need to do a HH sometime this season!

Comment

Slow for us in Menard county also. Had some young bucks at the feeder this morning but no mature bucks or does at all. The wife got skunked at her stand this afternoon but I get one more shot this weekend in the morning. All this green and the acorns falling like rain!

Comment

Back at it this AM. 4 doe but they walk past the feeder. I guess with all the groceries around they just aren't interested in the corn.

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      Good luck Raleigh! We need to do a HH sometime this season!
                      Heck yea! I think there is enough of us to take the Locker by storm. You guys coming back the weekend of the 26th?
                      My son and I will be and we could arrange HH Sat night.

Thoughts?

Comment

I had one doe in at 830 so far. She didnt hang around long. Shane had a big, mature buck in early he stuck around at legal shooting light for 1 min and once the corn feeder threw, he took off. We aren't sure exactly how many points he has because we haven't had any good pics since he lost his velvet but its somewhere in the vicinity of 12-13...

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                          Heck yea! I think there is enough of us to take the Locker by storm. You guys coming back the weekend of the 26th?
                          My son and I will be and we could arrange HH Sat night.

Thoughts?
                          That's my weekend to work so we wont be here. Will be here next weekend 6th-8th for a 3 day and then the 20-22nd for another 3 day... then the first weekend in november...

Comment

I live in Southeast LA, but I hunt every year at The Ford Ranch in Melvin. The number of deer in that area is stupid crazy. I couldn’t imagine it ever being slow. Ha

Comment

Slow in goldthwaite not a deer seen. All cameras show night pics and corn is pilling up on the ground. Acorns everywhere and grass is green no need to move around

Comment

Working...
                              X