Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not me

Comment

I’ll be working. Seeing the exact thing you described as far as deer activity goes.

Saved three weeks vacation for the fall. I’ll be working 8 on 6 off for the remainder of the year. [emoji1474]

Skinny

Comment

Working this weekend,and next weekend😝

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

No place to hunt this year since we sold the farm last Dec. Im a meat hunter so probably will look at taking a fair chase Nilgai on the King this year. Probably cheaper too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working

Comment

Torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder. NO bow hunting for me this year for the first time in God knows how many years.

Comment

Agreed. Still hot and very green with recent heavy rainfall in South Texas. We still have a good amount of whitewing at the ranch this year so probably will keep dove hunting until the deer hunting gets better.

Comment

Who isnt Hunting Tomorrow??

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                  Lets be honest.. The Texas archery season is basically the worst time to hunt deer in Texas.. If it were 3 weeks earlier it would be amazing. But its right after the bucks rub and stop running around in bachelor groups.. They stop hitting corn for the most part at my place and the acorns are on the ground.. Not to mention the fact that you really dont know what kind of bucks you have until the rut.. I only bowhunt.. So Basically the whole season is my bow season so I have no emotional attachment to the first day. Does anyone else feel this way?? This will be like year 10 of skipping opening morning.. Basically since trail cams got good and i realized it was a waste of time [emoji6]b

Since we are being honest.... Lotta deer killed opening weekend every year for it to be the worst....Maybe at your place it is but our opening weekends out west are generally pretty **** good... especially if it has been a normal dry August and September and they are on corn. Many of our better deer are killed the first few weekends of season every year. Of course bumper acorn crops and heavy rains two weeks before season can certainly affect that but it is rare that they are so thick our first weekend is worth skipping ...

Starting year 11, I can think of 2 like that.

Comment

Hanging with the wife in Cowtown for our anniversary this weekend. Headed to the coast to fish next weekend. State crappie championship Oct 12-13. Convention weekend after that. Lake o Pines next 2 weekend. Maybe grab the stick bow and get to the woods mid Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Since we are being honest.... Lotta deer killed opening weekend every year for it to be the worst....Maybe at your place it is but our opening weekends out west are generally pretty **** good... especially if it has been a normal dry August and September and they are on corn. Many of our better deer are killed the first few weekends of season every year. Of course bumper acorn crops and heavy rains two weeks before season can certainly affect that but it is rare that they are so thick our first weekend is worth skipping ...

Starting year 11, I can think of 2 like that.

Congrats on your 11 years of bowhunting experience [emoji847]

Comment

Not me. Spending time with my two new foster daughters!

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                          Lets be honest.. The Texas archery season is basically the worst time to hunt deer in Texas.. If it were 3 weeks earlier it would be amazing. But its right after the bucks rub and stop running around in bachelor groups.. They stop hitting corn for the most part at my place and the acorns are on the ground.. Not to mention the fact that you really dont know what kind of bucks you have until the rut.. I only bowhunt.. So Basically the whole season is my bow season so I have no emotional attachment to the first day. Does anyone else feel this way?? This will be like year 10 of skipping opening morning.. Basically since trail cams got good and i realized it was a waste of time
                          I got up, checked weather, and went back to bed. Lowest deer numbers I've seen in the 7 years I've hunted this place, plus I have a sounder of 17 hogs that make the rounds of my three stands. I'm moving some lights to one of my stands, and gonna sit with the 12-ga, plus I'm moving a trap to another stand as well. Neighbor across the road down the creek has seen quite a number of good bucks, so they'll come eventually.

Comment

I am not, but not because I don't like early season (I do). I am still trying to recover from back surgery last year; it obviously has not gone well. I am also dealing with cancer now has me not feeling that great and my mobility is low from two surgeries the last month and a half.

Comment

Rally Car races at COTA Saturday and Sunday
                              Attached Files

Comment

still working here.....maybe I will get out in a couple of weeks

Comment

Working...
                                X