No announcement yet.

Deer price hunts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand if you don't have much time but you still need to kill something to put on the wall to brag about. When all you have is a day to kill . And all the great stories you can tell your friends about the kill.

Comment

IMO That wouldn’t be fun, to me it’s not the size of the animal but the quality of the hunt and comaradity of being with friends and family. I think the reason of having a lease has been slowing dying over the years, sure everyone wants to kill the biggest deer they can but to me that’s a very small percentage of why I lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
        IMO That wouldn’t be fun, to me it’s not the size of the animal but the quality of the hunt and comaradity of being with friends and family. I think the reason of having a lease has been slowing dying over the years, sure everyone wants to kill the biggest deer they can but to me that’s a very small percentage of why I lease.
        Perfectly said

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
          What are you smoking to think a 170 is common. How many of them have you taken?
          It doesn't take much land to grow monsters any more, so on a large ranch should be quite easy to raise 170"+.
          These are on a friends 30 acre fenced pasture, just outside of Houston.
          My wife was freaking out! HaHaHa
          Attached Files

Comment

How about this for a business model, sell hunts where you dart the deer, take a bunch of pics, when said deer drops antlers the rancher can have them mounted and shipped top you, now you have you cake and ice cream too

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
              i inquired on a hunt last year and just got new price of $3000 for up to a 170” for a guaranteed kill with any weapon.

Wow...this may make people rethink a lease.

$5000 up to a 200”
              where do i sign up

Comment

Can you even consider "guaranteed kill" hunting?

Comment

My lease is a "guaranteed kill". Guarantee you'll kill a deer but it might just be a doe. Lol

Comment

deer

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                    what is there to hunt when the outcome is a guarantee?
                    this!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Agree with the guarantee ruining it. That’s not hunting, that’s just killing. Just my opinion. Still a good price for some people though compared to what I have seen.

Comment

From their website:

- Guarantee
                        If you do not harvest a deer during your hunt. Whether one of your class did not present itself or you did not like the looks of any that did, you do not pay anything else for your hunt this year. Also you do not lose your deposit. You rebook for another future hunt, whether later in the same year if an opening exists or the following year, and your deposit rolls forward into that hunt. Basically, if we do not do our job, we do not get paid.

Comment

I've never understood the mindset of paying that kind of money to kill one animal just to have a nice mount on the wall. I'd rather spend twice that on a lease and only walk away with a couple of smaller bucks and does that I actually hunted for, and for a place to spend time with friends/family.

I'd love to kill a nice black buck or Axis, but I can't wrap my head around what one of those animals cost at the average operation.

Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

I have a lease in llano county, where we are, we are not covered in deer but we do take a few respectable hill country bucks each year. My Lakehouse is literally less than 10min away so it is very conveniently located for me. It is not a traditional lease with a camp, etc. it is a place to hunt, we can hog hunt in the off-season as well. It works for me and I enjoy it.
                            Each year, we do an exotic hunt in the off-season, as well as a trophy Whitetail hunt during the season in south Texas. Yes these are both generally high fence places. But they are affordable. My point in posting this is that you can do both if you budget for it And search for hunts that are reasonably priced if you steer away from the commercial operations and find a private ranch that is just trying to earn money to cover some their expenses. They are out there, even some on here if you ask around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                              It doesn't take much land to grow monsters any more, so on a large ranch should be quite easy to raise 170"+.
                              These are on a friends 30 acre fenced pasture, just outside of Houston.
                              My wife was freaking out! HaHaHa
                              Looks like plenty of grass to eat there ...

Comment

Don’t get me wrong I’d love to kill a 170” buck. And spend a lot of hours on stand waiting for one to show up. That’s hunting though. countless hours in the stand, watching What all the other critters do when they think your not there trying to pattern a buck of this caliber. The food cooked, the camp fires shared. And most of all the escape from the real world when ever you get a random free pass. I’d pay 3000 for something like that but the thought of going one time a year for one weekend with people I don’t know to kill i buck I have no history with draws little interest from me.

Comment

Working...
                                X