Why did my insurance go up!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
    Why did my previous insurance go up $125 a month after never having a claim in 9 years with them?

Needless to say, I have a new insurance company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. If they can raise them at will with no claims I want to lower my rates at will with no claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
      Yeah. If they can raise them at will with no claims I want to lower my rates at will with no claims.
      They can't raise them at will...they have to get permission.

Comment

White privilege rules

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I was told by my insurance guy that my insurance is tied to my credit rating and not my driving record. I have found this true as i had several issues several years ago and my insurance never went up, maybe I'm just lucky

Comment

Not to change the subject but...
            Last year my tags were 68 bucks I think.....
            This year they are 85 bucks
            And not to mention the road taxes and all that crap....
            And then have to pay for a stupid toll tag....
            When does it end?

Comment

Oh yeah forgot to say
              Insurance went up as well
              Sorry just mad at all of it

Comment

I think the wheels fell off the bus before the customer called you!

Comment

Why did my previous insurance go up $125 a month after never having a claim in 9 years with them?

Really????

I have seen you on comercials!!!

Mayhem...

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
                    Another conversation for the record books.....

Client: Mmmmm yes I would like to know why my premiums went up. They went up $125 per month.
                    Me: Standby... let me take a look
                    Me: Sir... It appears that you have had 3 claims totaling $20k in the past 2 years and have a 241% loss ratio.
                    Client: Well... yeah. I've had a stretch of bad luck but that doesn't explain why my premiums should increase.
                    Me: Sir.... Your loss ratio is 241%. That means for every $1 you have paid us, we have paid out $241 in claims.
                    Client: So.... that's what I pay you for.
                    Client: So can I remove ***X from my coverage
                    Me: Is your vehicle financed??
                    Client: Yes
                    Me: I would highly recommend that you do not remove those coverages. I would recommend that you contact your lienholder and see what requirements they have.
                    Client: But I own the car.
                    Me: Technically they own the car and you are paying them for it. Most lienholders have very specific parameters that have to be followed to protect their investment. Usually they require ***X and YYYY. If you look at your purchasing contract it should be very clear what they require.
                    Client: So can you remove YYYY
                    Me: Sir, I highly recommend you contact your lienholder to see what they require.
                    Client: So can you remove ZZZZ
                    Me: Sir, I highly recommend you have this coverage to better protect you.

(This is where the wheels fell off the bus!!!!)

Client: That is not true. That is an illegal statement. I sue insurance companies all day every day!!!!
                    Me: Sir, that coverage is there to protect you in case of ....... I have merely recommended that you leave that in place. I will document our conversation and again; I would recommend you contact your lienholder before making any changes to your policy. Let me know if ............

He hung up the phone.....
                    so whats the problem

Comment

I don’t want to single any one person out, but many here talking about their displeasure of rates going up. I hear ya, I don’t like it either on my personal coverage. For most people, they don’t understand it, and don’t feel like they can’t control it, so they inherently hate it. “I don’t know how you’re screwing me...but I know you’re screwing me.” Few things I’ve found to be the culprit. First is the LIABILITY portion of your insurance (the bigger part). Juries simply have no conscience when it comes to money. Three landmark cases were settled this year...three accidents, zero deaths...$300,000,000 in damages INSANITY. People LOVE seeing insurance companies get taken to the cleaners and don’t understand how the consumer ultimately pays for this. Distracted drivers...the data clearly shows that accidents were pretty flat for 50 years, then increased by double digits every year since the smartphone. Don’t text and drive! Second is the PHYSICAL DAMAGE portion of your policy. Vehicles cost more. What was once a basic machine, driven by belts/gears/drive trains are now complicated rolling computer systems. A car today floods, it’s a $50k total loss, a car in 1980 floods, you could fix it yourself in your driveway with a standard set of box wrenches. Back to texting and driving, you damage your car too, so it hits this side too. Yes, I like air conditioned seats and touchscreens too, but they increase the average cost and value of each car on the road. Throughout all of this, insurance rates have risen less than most consumer goods in the same time. “I haven’t gotten in an accident, I don’t have violations, I drive a 1979 K5 Blazer, and I don’t own a cell phone...why am I being punished and not rewarded?” Me: “You are rewarded, for the things you can control...But you share the road with others who are texting while driving under the influence from their 2018 Porsche. They are a threat to you as well.”

Comment

I change every 3-4 years when I can get a better price... I ain`t married to none of them.

Comment

It is amazing to me how few people shop for insurance. They actually think that "old Dave" that they have been doing business with for years is looking out for their best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                            I don’t want to single any one person out, but many here talking about their displeasure of rates going up. I hear ya, I don’t like it either on my personal coverage. For most people, they don’t understand it, and don’t feel like they can’t control it, so they inherently hate it. “I don’t know how you’re screwing me...but I know you’re screwing me.” Few things I’ve found to be the culprit. First is the LIABILITY portion of your insurance (the bigger part). Juries simply have no conscience when it comes to money. Three landmark cases were settled this year...three accidents, zero deaths...$300,000,000 in damages INSANITY. People LOVE seeing insurance companies get taken to the cleaners and don’t understand how the consumer ultimately pays for this. Distracted drivers...the data clearly shows that accidents were pretty flat for 50 years, then increased by double digits every year since the smartphone. Don’t text and drive! Second is the PHYSICAL DAMAGE portion of your policy. Vehicles cost more. What was once a basic machine, driven by belts/gears/drive trains are now complicated rolling computer systems. A car today floods, it’s a $50k total loss, a car in 1980 floods, you could fix it yourself in your driveway with a standard set of box wrenches. Back to texting and driving, you damage your car too, so it hits this side too. Yes, I like air conditioned seats and touchscreens too, but they increase the average cost and value of each car on the road. Throughout all of this, insurance rates have risen less than most consumer goods in the same time. “I haven’t gotten in an accident, I don’t have violations, I drive a 1979 K5 Blazer, and I don’t own a cell phone...why am I being punished and not rewarded?” Me: “You are rewarded, for the things you can control...But you share the road with others who are texting while driving under the influence from their 2018 Porsche. They are a threat to you as well.”
                            Pretty good
                            Also, people hate their insurance company and gripe about the cost but they need to view it this way.
                            Everything in life goes up. Bottled water, property taxes, fuel...you get the point.
                            Insurance, of all the things that cost a person money is the one thing that offers protection for your most valuable possessions. Your new 70k truck gets totaled and your out $500 your 300k house burns down your out a couple grand. Is the county going to rebuild a house just so they can continue to collect those tax dollars, is the lien holder on a truck note going to forgive the debt if you wreck the truck? Insurance is the one thing that could prevent total financial ruin for most folks and yet insurance is the one thing most folks whine about the loudest.
                            Folks better just appreciate the fact that you can actually buy insurance for your stuff. Insurance only works if there is a POOL OF INSUREDS which means you will pay for others mistakes, negligence, and bad luck just like they will pay for yours

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                              It is amazing to me how few people shop for insurance. They actually think that "old Dave" that they have been doing business with for years is looking out for their best interest.
                              Mine does and I can prove it. That is the reason I do not shop around for any of my vehicle or home insurance. They have gone to bat for me many times over the 30 years I have been with them.

Comment

241% of $1 is $2.41, not $241 but I get your premise.

Comment

Working...
                                X