No announcement yet.

My burger needs help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let my wife teach you how to cook them! You wont have to worry about any moisture coming out of those patties..

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
      Ok, I need help with cooking my burgers on the grill. The ground meat is half whitetail and half pork. I make 9 ounce patties, well seasoned and cooked on the grill at a medium heat. I cook them for 3 minutes then a quarter turn for 3 minutes, flip for 3 minutes and lastly a quarter turn for the last 3 minutes. During the last 3, I puncture the burgers with an ice pick to let out the excess juice that is red. I also push down the patties with a spatula, to let out more of the red juice. The burgers look and taste awesome when put on a brioche bun with other fixin's.

The problem is that a lot of red juice/blood squirts out when you take a bite. What's up with that? I have had this issue for years. Is this operator error or is it in the deer processing?

Thanks in advance
      Your burger sounds good, the juice is a good thing as others have said. However, I would suggest get rid of some of the pork, and put either beef, or beef tallow. We usually do 15% pork, 15% beef. It's pretty awesome that way too. I avoid going to 50% pork, because it tends to get really greasy after 40% pork.

Comment

Cook to 150 internal temp. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          The red juice is not blood. You just need to coo it a little longer and let the patty rest longer.

One other thing...what is this about french buns??? Get outta here!!!

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/put...-terrible-idea
          My wife found the brioche buns, and they really work well. It's this biggest bun and most durable for the job. The 9 ounce patties need a place to rest. We were using Cobblestone Mills buns because they were nice and larger. Well, I think they make them in China now. They shrunk and are normal size.

Comment

I love a good burger! Don’t press your burgers down that’s just wasting flavor and moisture. A little trick to keep them from bulging in the center without pressing is to poke a hole a little bigger than your index finger in the center of the party when making it. As it cooks and shrinks down the hole will get smaller/close up. You end up with a flat patty that’s cooked evenly all the way across.
            Also I use brisket to grind with my deer burger instead of pork fat about 60/40 deer to brisket ratio. It’s plenty fat for a burger
            Click image for larger version

Name:	0AA798C8-C2F1-449D-B82B-091EA6AA9267.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	24554712

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              Let my wife teach you how to cook them! You wont have to worry about any moisture coming out of those patties..
              Same here. My wife can make Jerky out of hamburger patties! Your burger sounds wonderful to me!

Comment

Do you let it rest?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  Go 2/3 venison and 1/3 I trimmed brisket.

Problem solved.
                  This /\ /\ I did that with elk a couple of years ago, best burger ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                    This /\ /\ I did that with elk a couple of years ago, best burger ever.

Agree, except a wise man (Skinny), recommended that I go 50/50 with brisket.........Damm is that good!!!!!

Also, a burger that you grab once and drips to your elbow is the only way to go

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I always went to grocery store and got some beef fat. Some used to give it to you for free and sometines a couple of bucks.

Comment

100% venison. No need to add fatty hormone injected store bought anything. More healthy, less fattening, low cholesterol.

If you must then do an 80-20 mix with bacon. Very tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          100% venison. No need to add fatty hormone injected store bought anything. More healthy, less fattening, low cholesterol.

If you must then do an 80-20 mix with bacon. Very tasty.

Nope
                          I'll argue that 50% brisket is better

And slayer sux

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

So deer meat sucks.

That's just dumb. Just eat a **** cow then.

Jesus christ.

Your music taste sucks.

Sux? Are you in 4th grade?

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                              Don’t be scared of the juice

I snickered..... but this. ^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                So deer meat sucks.

That's just dumb. Just eat a **** cow then.

Jesus christ.

Your music taste sucks.

Sux? Are you in 4th grade?

Comment

Working...
                                X