No announcement yet.

Emotions After the Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had my emotions get pretty intense with a couple of bucks, but nothing like when I witness a harvest with one of my kids.

Comment

When I shot my big buck in Kansas I had tears in my eyes and immediately began to shout hallelujah- praise the Lord. It was such an awesome experience and a total fulfillment of my hunting dreams that I simply had my own Worship service in the woods.

Comment

I get more emotional over deer that my kids and now my grandkids have harvested than any deer I take now days. Two harvests of my own that I can recall being emotional are my first deer which was a 3 pointer that probably scored maybe 50 and a buck that I watched three years that was 145 the first time I saw him and grossed 207 when I took him.

Comment

My adrenaline starts going on anytime I'm about to shoot something, some more than others though. I chased one particular aoudad for over a year and teared up after I shot him.

Comment

I just think...jeeze another dang deer to dress out. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post

LOL

For me, I don’t get to that thought until I’m about to start the drag out and the real work begins.

Comment

If my blood doesn't start the adrenalin process buck or doe I'm thru with hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                  4 Years ago i killed a deer i’d Hunted for a month.

Got a fist pump out of me.
                  This, only I killed in mid December on my grandfathers birthday. I sometimes feel an emotional release or relief but no Chuck Adams about to pee myself reaction

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Pulling the trigger is part of the experience. Not the experience.

Can't say I get worked up on it but I won't stop hunting just because my heart doesn't take off racing every time.

Comment

Now that my kids are hunting, every hunt is pretty exciting.

Comment

I get the fever when I take the shot. I wait a few minutes and then walk down to the deer. My neck is still pumping and then I stop to say a prayer of thanks for the animal.
                          Then I remember the work is about to begin.

Comment

My emotions are mixed, excited for my success and sorrow for having killed. Then I see my mother's eyes light up when ever I brought home wild game. She was raised on a small farm during the depression and they literally lived off their land. Growing up Mom always made sure I got to go hunting.

Comment

Sometimes it's like I'll fall into a low...it's weird. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I hunt hard for certain deer. When I finally get the opportunity, the rush I've been waiting for, for sometimes years is so intense. When it's over with I'm almost sad. The war is over.
                              Last edited by Cleanshot; 09-23-2018, 10:46 PM.

Comment

I get excited and get the shakes. When I stop I'll quit hunting.

But all of the gyrations, fist pumping, fist bumping you see on hunting videos appear to be over acting to me.

I have seen some honest to goodness shaking and tears on some videos that actually got me emotional for the hunter.

Comment

Working...
                                X