No announcement yet.

Buddhism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soory. That was uncalled for. I apologize. I rarely comment on these threads anymore.

Comment

For those that practice Buddhism, can you explain why you do it? Is it just trying to gain peace on earth or do you think it gets you some place after death?

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        No sir, it's not "cool" at all. It comes down to your heart, and God knows our hearts. There is a word used in the Bible called repentance, which means to show sincere regret or remorse. As Christians, we should be trying to improve our walk with Christ daily, striving to be more like he was, aware of our sins as we walk the patch. If you go to the ranch next weekend, get drunk, cuss, and tell lies, and on the way home you feel remorseful about it, talk to God, and return the next weekend with the mindset your going to do your best to improve yourself, that's "cool". Might you fail? Sure, that it what I meant by Gods grace, he knows your trying and will be standing with you when you head back the following weekend. Hope that helps...
        Negative, that's the breakdown that says to me, there is no way this is right.
        You control your actions, drinking, cussing, and lying. The mindset I'm going to improve, is like laughing in Gods face imo. If a person chooses God, then there shouldn't even be a question, wether you cuss, drink, or lie next weekend lol. You control these actions 100%.
        Just like if the boss comes in and says, hey don't do that again, or your fired. Are you going to try and improve, or simply say, I'm not doing that again so I can keep my job.
        If you believe in Heaven and Hell, it's the same thing. Gods says don't do that or you're going to hell. Ok God, thats cool, I'm not gonna die for awhile though, so ima keep on sinning, and try and improve, and ask for forgiveness along the way. Not very serious about Hell, now are we.
        Now days everyone fits god, around their schedule, and it's laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
          Mine will not bow to a middle eastern deity. Thanks.
          That's where you're wrong but just wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            Coming from someone that actually believes the crock of horse**** at the beginning of the bible....well...….lol.
            Beginning, middle, and end. Regardless I'm giving you the definition, not my belief. Sad that you dont know the difference.

Comment

The responses above mocking one another's core beliefs is saddening. A wise man once said arguing with one that doesn't know truth is like arguing with a wall or casting your pearls to the pigs. You can learn alot in this short thread about some folks around the campfire.

Here's hoping the OP finds the true desire of his journey in the one Creator and personal Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is a good, good Father.
              Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 09-24-2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                Please, no Christian advice or endless bible phrases please.
                ^^^Knew when I read it, people wouldn't listen to your request.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Coming from someone that actually believes the crock of horse**** at the beginning of the bible....well...….lol.
                  Bob, we can RESPECTFULLY disagree. That comment is unnecessary

Edit: now see the apology. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                    You control your actions, drinking, cussing, and lying. The mindset I'm going to improve, is like laughing in Gods face imo. If a person chooses God, then there shouldn't even be a question, wether you cuss, drink, or lie next weekend lol. You control these actions 100%.
                    Just like if the boss comes in and says, hey don't do that again, or your fired. Are you going to try and improve, or simply say, I'm not doing that again so I can keep my job.
                    If you believe in Heaven and Hell, it's the same thing. Gods says don't do that or you're going to hell. Ok God, thats cool, I'm not gonna die for awhile though, so ima keep on sinning, and try and improve, and ask for forgiveness along the way. Not very serious about Hell, now are we.
                    MH, curious if you had time to read the book I sent you? Now that that’s out of the way, the big thing here is grace. Whatever your struggle, be it drinking, jealousy, anger etc... it’s never as simple as “well I just choose not to do that anymore”. It’s a struggle, it’s life, we are merely men. At the end of the day it boils down to grace and truth. Oftentimes in that order. Many of us experience God’s grace, well before we know and accept the truth that’s is Jesus.

Comment

After reading this response, I don't believe your statement in post #2 of this thread, you stated your not very religious, I believe that you are and have a very good understanding of good and evil, right and wrong and that you talk to God. I admire your passion about the subject as well.
                      Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        C'mon BoB... easy... Don't make me put you back on my "ignore" list...
                        Don’t do that just pray for him, I am

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                          Beginning, middle, and end. Regardless I'm giving you the definition, not my belief. Sad that you dont know the difference.

Sad that you are wrong.

ag·nos·tic
                          aɡˈnästik/
                          noun
                          noun: agnostic; plural noun: agnostics
                          a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Comment

My other side dwells heavily through this Buddhist Monk. He doesn't say much but the message is heavy.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                              Don’t do that just pray for him, I am
                              Sir, I live my life surrounded by Christians. Thanks, but i don't need any prayers. I am doing just fine.

Man I hate when I get involved in these threads.

I will try and make this my last comment. Just leave me out of y'alls…….K?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                                Buddha was not a Christian, but Jesus would have made a great Buddhist~ Ray Wylie Hubbard
                                Beat me to it

Comment

Working...
                                X