Bye bye Bannie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I saw where Evan Grant (Rangers beat writer) did an article today on possibilities, but I did not open it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
      I think JD is the problem. Hard to produce W’s when you can’t get a pitching staff.
      I was curious so I looked it up - 32 different pitchers have taken the mound for the Rangers this year. Team ERA is around 5. The fact that Bartolo Colon - who nobody thought would make any team - started 25+ games pretty much says it all. (kinda enjoyed watching him though for the spectacle) Pretty depressing when you look at their AA/AAA pitching staffs as well.
      Last edited by jerp; 09-21-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Wakamatsu is used to managing a team with poor players (Seattle) he may be the right guy............lol.

Comment

Reports came in this week this was a possibility, Evan Grant wrote this could happen last year when they did not extend Banny...that could mean he wasn't the man for the rebuild.

It's not about wins and loses JD made it clear this was a rebuilding year... it's the clubhouse and half his players seemed to hate him.

Comment

I wonder how many major league managers have been fired after four years in which he won two division titles and a manager of the year. He must have really lost the players along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I wonder how many major league managers have been fired after four years in which he won two division titles and a manager of the year. He must have really lost the players along the way.

It's starting to sound as though this has been an ongoing issue. It still surprises me.

I think the timing and urgency with which this happened may be an attempt to get Beltre to play another season, and keep Elvis around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I was curious so I looked it up - 32 different pitchers have taken the mound for the Rangers this year. Team ERA is around 5. The fact that Bartolo Colon - who nobody thought would make any team - started 25+ games pretty much says it all. (kinda enjoyed watching him though for the spectacle) Pretty depressing when you look at their AA/AAA pitching staffs as well.
                Minors staff is depressing but injuries got our top talent this year.

Comment

Originally posted by gunslinger300 View Post
                  Daniels needs to hit the road!!!
                  Absolutely!

Comment

Sounds like the polar opposite of wash, I’m sure that wasn’t by accident either. No offense really like him at third base for us but not as the skipper
                    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 09-21-2018, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
                      Daniels is the problem. He's made some bad moves the last few years.
                      This sums it up

Comment

Yep

Should have fired JD

Comment

I've only ever known of one GM, the great Bob Gainey, that fired himself. GM's, and sr. mgmt. in general, never blame themselves. I don't know how Bannister could have been expected to compete with the roster he had this year or last. Not enough pitching, and not enough hitting, and not nearly enough defense.

That being said, i don't know how he was in the clubhouse. The "leadership" thing was fun. I was yelling at the tv a bunch though with frustrating pitching decisions, poor base running, etc. I guess maybe if he gets another chance we'll see what he has.

I don't know who can turn it around. Well, i take that back. JD can. When he gets some pitching in here, jettisons the likes of Ryan Rua, and upgrades at about 5 or 6 field positions, the next manager will probably be a genius.

Oh well, managers are hired to be fired. Onward through the fog.

Comment

lifetime Ranger fan here too. JD is not the guy. We need a change

Comment

Who would you guys hire to replace JD?

Whom would you have hired back whenever he made the first move you knew was wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm a Rangers fan, I do not like JD but I think Banister was doing an acceptable job with what he was given to work with....that old adage....you buy s####, you get S ###....Daniels threw in some real hacks like Rua and that obnoxious gum smacking Robinson, neither one would make a wart on ball players a## and I'm not sure Calhoun is any better. It sounds like Banister made someone mad so they fired him.....pretty tasteless in my book since they only have 10 games left and no chance of doing anything. Why didn't they let the last 10 games play out and make a change in the off season. Daniels lost what little respect I had left for him after this deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X