Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually make my way back to camp when I wake up

Comment

Considering that all we are seeing on camera is the same small handful of does showing up early and late I will not do an extended sit until the rut. There are football games to watch mid day

Comment

I haven’t figured out how to kill them from the camp yet, so I pretty much do all-day sits every time out.

Comment

Putting in some food plots in middle part of day

Comment

It depends on the weather. I have to work Friday night, I’ll be getting off at 0700 opening morning. I plan on being to the lease by noon and I’ll probably go ahead and get in the stand.

Comment

Heck no. I don’t see myself ever sitting all day unless I’m constantly seeing deer then maybe. Shooting deer from camp is my favorite way to kill them; killed my first deer standing in the recliner and had the rifle out the window next to the ac unit

Shoot if I hunt at the cabin, and if I’m still there 45 minutes after daylight, it was a long sit. At the deer lease if I’m not seeing anything I’m ready to get out at 845

Comment

3 hours about all I can go

Comment

Nah, I'll have a 9 year old armed with a crossbow and an itchy trigger finger. If we don't have blood on the ground by 8:30 then we'll be headed back to camp.

Comment

Have to miss the morning hunt. Tagging in commercial heifers in the morning but plan to be in stand early for evening hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to, do it. I’ve owned my property for almost 6 now...I have done 2 or 3 morning hunts. Never done an all day, just not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                        Is anyone planning to sit all day next Saturday? I have a variety of bucks coming in a variety of times. No real pattern except a few that are in every evening. So I’m still thinking about an all day sit.
                        Not me. My bucks move all night. Don’t have any daytime pics on 6 cameras.

Comment

This time of year our movement(and I suspect most others) is going to revolve around early morning/evening. To sit the 10 hours in between for me isnt an issue of being bored, its that I do more harm than good if I’m sitting there generating scent all day long. Sometimes the best thing you can do is NOT hunt if you’ve got a specific buck and conditions aren’t right.

Comment

Unless something changes on my cameras I am not sitting all day

Now when it gets cooler and/or the rut is on I will

Comment

I start off thinking that I will about 9 I start thinking about bacon and eggs by 10 I'm gone he needs to walk by on my schedule.

Comment

No

Comment

Working...
                                X