Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Shooting in Abilene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely crazy

Comment

Wow!
      Kenny Rogers comes to mind " You got to know when to hold them,know when to fold them; Know when to walk away and when to run"

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe_diem View Post
        I watched the news report first, so I saw the shooting video without the sound.
        Then I went back and watched the youtube video, which has the sound and some loooong bleeps.
        Hearing what the citizen in the orange shirt was yelling at the guys with guns made a difference in how I viewed the encounter.
        You can’t (legally) shoot someone over verbal assault.

If you want to make sure you can argue self defense, make sure you get punched or whacked with a bat first. It’s going to take a lot more than a screaming man with a bat for me to feel threatened enough to shoot, assuming I’m shirtless in the alley and already holding a gun.

Comment

A very, very sad situation indeed. As others have mentioned, I can't see these two getting a credible "Self-Defense" justification if they intentionally brought their weapons to a mutual confrontation.

Comment

Not justified, the guy should have walked away, wasn’t smart with a couple of guys with guns.

Comment

Hope those 2 gentlemen meet Big Bob in prison They also have no business going in public without a shirt

Comment

So say bat man had a gun and it was a mutually agreed upon old west gunfight, only one guy survives, doesn't matter who, if you are on a jury, do you send him to jail?

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
                  Could have been anywhere, not just a dumpster. The location is irrelevant, the threat was real.
                  The struggle is real.

Comment

Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

Those guys must workout.

Comment

At the end of the day, a man was murdered and 2 will rot in prison. Why the general public gets to view this is beyond me.

Comment

Is it just me, or is the 'Son' shaving his chest into a hair bikini?

Comment

My initial thought was, those guys are going away for a long time. The more I think about it, though...I'm not so sure. Who was the aggressor here? The old man stood his ground and warned the dead guy to not come any closer. The dead guy was holding a bat, yelling that he was going to kill them, and after being warned to not come any closer, he came closer.

If the old man's actions were justifiable self defense, then so were his son's...defense of others.

I think it has very little relevance that the old man brought his gun to the alley. Is that, by itself, a crime? Based on prior news reports, there had been confrontations between these two over the past several days. I can rarely fault a man for being armed. Despite being armed, he was not the source of the escalation.

I should mention, too...I live in Abilene, and I am mostly commenting on this in case I get called for jury duty when this goes to the trial. When I show this thread to the lawyers in voir dire, I'm getting a "get out of jury duty free" card.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post
                              Those guys must workout.
                              lol best post so far.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                                Don't bring a knife to a gun fight.
                                An EX friend of mine did that. Didn’t work out so well for him. It was all caught on camera too lol

Comment

Working...
                                X