Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Thermacell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Yea and you can buy the pads only and buy the butane canisters in the hair products section at Wally World for about half the cost of the Thermacell ones... Some even re-treat the pads... I don't go that far... I ain't THAT cheap...yet!
    Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
    SaltwaterSlick is so right about buying the butane cannisters at Walmart in the ladies hair care section. Same cannister used to power some curling irons women use on their hair. Way, way cheaper than the Thermacell branded cannisters. I first got a thermacell for hunting spring bear in Canada where mosquitoes are the national bird. I used to wear these stupid bug suits that I hated and tape up my gloves to my wrists and tape my pants around my boots. Now all I do is fire up the Thermacell, put on a head net and walk to the stand. Set it under my feet and after about 15 minutes I can even take the head net off. Does not seem to me to bother the critters at all. As for working in the wind, I can't say for sure because if it is windy enough, you generally don't have mosquitos to contend with anyway.

Can y'all post the link to these women hair care butane canisters?

Comment

It is amazing. I hunted in Canada where the mosquito is the national bird. After a few minutes of lighting it, I could sit without even hearing a mosquito! It is one thing I will not hunt without especially in early bow season. We use them to eat outside in the summer and at football/baseball games.

Comment

Best $$ I ever spent on ANY outdoor product. A MUST for Texas Bowhunting in October.

Comment

I walked into my stand one early hunt and was sweating pretty bad. Fired up the thermacell and stripped down to dry my clothes on a limb. Skeeters and gnats acted like there was an invisible shield around me. I hang it below me for more effective results. Have a few and I am a believer!!

Comment

I'm going to use unscented deet bug spray. Keeps chiggers, ticks, mosquitos, gnats and no see ums away. If they can smell it.. they will smell you anyways and don't have to mess with any gagets while hunting.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted a bottom area and forgot mine at camp. I got tore up. The next few days I remembered it and what a blessing it was to have it. Won't hunt early season without it. I use them in camp to. Wife says they work great.

Comment

...never mind...
                Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 09-20-2018, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Best thing ever.

Comment

Great product, even better once you learn how to refill the fuel cells. There are a couple of hack videos on youtube of how to do it, it will save you a fortune in refills.

Comment

I'm guessing it's these...

Comment

I have 4 of them. I wouldn’t think of going out without one.

Comment

Just bought one on Amazon for $20. This will be my first year trying it out.

Comment

They work great. Better if you give it 5 minutes after it is started and are in a single area.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              ...never mind...
                              It was true...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                                It was true...
                                I know, but didn't want to derail an otherwise good, informative thread...

Comment

Working...
                                X