Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXPredatorMafia View Post
    Whats a trip like that run, if you dont mind me asking

$1490 for a 3 day hunt. 2 half days and 2 full days.

$2400 flights. Dallas to Buenos Aires.
    Buenos to Cordoba. Then reverse flight path.

$800 for gun rental. License fees. All tips for birds Boy’s, cooks and housekeeping.

The next factor has not been determined. SHELLS. They are running $13.50 a box. On average most people shoot 40 boxes a day or 1,000 rounds = $540 so I’ll have to get back to you on that one. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post
      Evoshield shirt(recoil protection)
      Walkers Razor X digital earbuds so you can shoot and bs uninterrupted.
      Comfortable boots as you’ll be standing for hours on end.
      Comfortable shooting glasses with multiple lens for morning, afternoon, cloudy or sunny
      Small field pack to tote your gear to and from field
      Camera/phone
      Appetite for beef because you are going to get your fill of it!

Great information. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
        Just got back a few weeks ago. We were in a lodge near Arroyito, about an hour east of Cordoba. Shot 100 boxes and 1,400 birds in 4 days and I thought it was plenty. Some guys shot a lot more.

It's an unbelievable experience. Had a puma walk by one morning at about 10 yds. About the last thing I expected to walk out of a cornfield at first light but he knew the drill. Strolled on by and walked in the woods behind us and had all the birds he could eat for the next 3 hours.

WOAH! That is awesome!

Comment

we hunted with EL Palomar a few years ago. it was a great week. the estancia is just outside a little village. in that village is a church that was built in the early 1800's. I suggest you make the walk to go check it out.

Comment

Back in June we hunted with Sierra Brava about an hour north of Córdoba. Lodge , staff and meals were top notch. It was winter and temps ranged from 38 in the morning to 70 in the afternoon. We hunted a 1/2 day, two full days and finished with another 1/2 day. Normally got to the field around 8:30 and shot for three hours, broke for lunch and returned to another field for a 3 hour shoot in the afternoon. I shot 79.3% killing 2575 birds.
            Incredible experience.

Comment

Originally posted by killbirds View Post
              So today I finalized my payment for my trip to Argentina on Oct 13 with Sporting Adventures International.

It cant get here soon enough! We are staying at the El Palomar, it is located a little further north right in the middle of the largest dove roost in Cordoba. To say that I'm excited is an understatement. I will do my best to update the GS and document the trip with photos depending on service.

If any of you have ever been and would like to share information on gear or recommended items/tips feel free to send them my way!

Thanks in advance for any information/help.

YEEEEEHAWWW!
              Throw and old bag together with old camos too. They bird boys appreciate it. I gave mine my walker ear muffs too.
              If you want to see some impressive shooting let the bird boy have the gun.
              They don’t miss much.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckfu View Post
                Throw and old bag together with old camos too. They bird boys appreciate it. I gave mine my walker ear muffs too.

If you want to see some impressive shooting let the bird boy have the gun.

They don’t miss much.

Duly noted thank you sir!

Comment

Good luck and post pics!

Comment

I have been lucky enough to hunt there 6-8 times over the last twenty years.

Either wear a light glove or get a couple of those rubber money counting sleeve that goes on the end of your finger. This keeps your finger/thumb from being raw from pushing shells into your gun's magazine, if it isn't an over/under.

Use the shoulder pad from the very first shot, it is to late after your shoulder is sore. This is a common mistake folks make all the time.

Always, were glasses while shooting, the shells tend to be dirtier with more unburnt powder that blows into your eyes.

All ready mentioned hearing protection.

Safe travels and good hunting

Comment

Evoshield is a must.
                      I shot 3,500 rounds in 2 days and shoulder was never sore.

Comment

I've been to Argentina. My advice is shoot a .410. You will kill as many birds as if you used a .20 or .12 guage. And it's a whole lot more easier on the shoulder and shooting fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Man View Post
                          I've been to Argentina. My advice is shoot a .410. You will kill as many birds as if you used a .20 or .12 guage. And it's a whole lot more easier on the shoulder and shooting fingers.
                          Lol! No...you won’t.

Op, things I would recommend.
                          Good gloves
                          Good shoulder pad. I brought a slip on for the gun and several shirts that had the pad. I preferred the shirts with the pad.
                          Comfortable shoes. I brought boots and some hiking shoes. I preferred the shoes.
                          Plenty of money. You’re going to be doing some shooting!

Comment

Originally posted by Gladesgator View Post
                            I have been lucky enough to hunt there 6-8 times over the last twenty years.

Either wear a light glove or get a couple of those rubber money counting sleeve that goes on the end of your finger. This keeps your finger/thumb from being raw from pushing shells into your gun's magazine, if it isn't an over/under.

Use the shoulder pad from the very first shot, it is to late after your shoulder is sore. This is a common mistake folks make all the time.

Always, were glasses while shooting, the shells tend to be dirtier with more unburnt powder that blows into your eyes.

All ready mentioned hearing protection.

Safe travels and good hunting

Sounds great! I have some leather shooting gloves I’ll most likely wear.

Comment

Been a few times myself. Awesome trip. My favorite is the combo trip...doves, pigeons, perdiz, ducks and fishing for Golden Dorado.

Comment

I've been twice. 1 time for a combo dove/duck hunt for 6 days and 1 time for 4.5 days for dove only. My only advice to anyone looking to go in the future is that 3 full days of dove shooting is about all you will want to do unless you just really love killing dove.

Comment

Working...
                                X