X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drain the swamp !!!

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      Well if we are complaining about school taxes, why do does my wife and I have to pay school taxes when we don't have kids and never will? Heck we should get a tax break for not bringing more people into the world and in turn putting less burden on the resources and environment... .

That's a joke before anybody gets their undies in a bunch.

Greater good. You benefit from having a community with at least marginally educated citizens.

Same as with roads, police, and fire stations. You may not use them, but they are there for the greater good of the community. Basically exactly what government was initially intended to do.

Comment

The current state plan for funding education calls for continuing to raise property taxes and lower the amount of money the state contributes to schools. So, expect your taxes to continue to go up!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
          Can't believe some of y'all have never seen Allen's stadium.
          Every time I went on a trip, and people asked where I was from and I replied Allen, they all would say the same thing: "Oh! You're from the school that paid $60M for a stadium just for it to crack in one season!!"

It is a nice stadium. Lot of other schools playoff games are played in it.
          Oh that’s the stadium, I remember someone telling me about that.

Comment

whenever you guys in the big cities get tired of paying for all that extra crap, move on down to my district! Our taxes aren't that high and we'd sure love to have ya come down and build a big house on some land! (especially if you have any high school aged boys that play football!!LMAO)

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              I live near enough to the stadium to hear the bands, announcers, etc., what other "tons" of sports are being played there? All I hear are Thursday and Friday night games. Usual HS football.
              I believe when Allen is playing away games other teams use the stadium, but I could be wrong. They definitely don’t bring in the same amount of traffic that Allen home games do

Comment

Voters haven’t been proven to be too smart. They also voted for bonds to pay for Jerry World and the new Ranger’s stadium.

If that ain’t stupid I don’t know what is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 96ags View Post
                  Greater good. You benefit from having a community with at least marginally educated citizens.

Same as with roads, police, and fire stations. You may not use them, but they are there for the greater good of the community. Basically exactly what government was initially intended to do.
                  I guess you missed the "it's a joke" part. I know how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    The current state plan for funding education calls for continuing to raise property taxes and lower the amount of money the state contributes to schools. So, expect your taxes to continue to go up!
                    Thanks a lot Dan Patrick.... first time in my life I will vote against a Republican.

Comment

Touche. I certainly did.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                        Crosby ISD also has the lowest taxes around, a simply bond would fix those issues.
                        Based on TEA (Texas Education Agency), Crosby has the 14th highest M&O tax rate in the state and 12th highest total tax rate for ISD's. As far as a bond fixing the issue, to my knowledge bond funds are not allowed to be used for general fund shortfalls in general.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                          Thanks a lot Dan Patrick.... first time in my life I will vote against a Republican.

Surely you don’t plan to vote for the democrat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just think of all the tax dollars these new companies coming in are paying. Your taxes would really be high if they weren't paying their fair share.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                              Where do you want them to put the kids?
                              Schools of course but the point of my statement wasn't about building or not building schools it was to point out that just because a bond passes doesn't necessarily mean that the residents were "ok" with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                                Texas is ridiculous with football. Tons of wasted money on sports when it should be invested in things that will help in the workforce. At least the fast food industry will never have an employee shortage.
                                Check out Allen's schools ratings. Some of the best in the country. Also u should see the high school. They have a full functioning restaurant that is fully ran by the students. They have a news station that the equipment is the same as the the big news stations. There theater is better than most cities. They are opening a STEM center in a few yrs which will be next to a new location of the community college that offers numerous duel credit courses that a ton of students are in. Also located within the stadium is a state of the art gym, the wrestling area along with an indoor hitting area for the golf team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X