No announcement yet.

Why do you bow hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting close is first, and the shot being so quiet, the flight of the arrow is awesome also.

Comment

I think the reason I bow hunt is because i moved to Texas!! I grew up chasing mulies and elk with rifles and still do because even with a rifle it’s not an easy hunt...Texas hunting over a feeder is way too easy especially with a rifle....almost not what I would consider hunting so the bow adds a challenge that I wasn’t getting with a rifle here.

Comment

1. The extra time or seasons
        2. It’s just a different experience and change is nice

Getting close has nothing to do with it because the only thing keeping you from getting close with a rifle is you.

Comment

Because if I'm going to feel like I accomplished something it has to be with a traditional bow.
          Gun was fun until I killed my first with a bow 35 years ago. Compound was fun until I killed one with a traditional bow 8 or 10 years ago. This year to make it fulfilling it's going to be off the ground ( specifically a creek bed where they tend to cross). I like my hunting to be uncomfortable, challenging, and victory to be very hard

Comment

I gun hunted a lot as a kid but it lost its thrill, started bow hunting after my wife bought me a used bow with mix matched arrows ( bow was RH, im LH and had a 2" overdraw). I got into the rush of how intimate it is, an old doe looking through you as you make your self breath.Trying to play the wind and slip in on an elk in the mountains with out getting busted. I love the math and physics once you start building your arrows and determining what works best. I love paper tuning and tinkering with my rig until you know any mistake is human error. All the bowhunters I have met over the years are also more of the salt of the earth kind of folk, and i have seen that many times on here.

Comment

The challenge. Trying to beat the animal, getting close. So freakin awesome

Comment

I like the challenge and the thrill of getting within bow distance

Comment

The adeline rush even when it's just does and pigs it still gets my ticker ticking.

Comment

Practically anyone can put the cross hairs of their scope on a deer and take the shot. I’m in it for the challenge. As those of you know who do this. It ain’t easy pulling off a successful bow shot on a paranoid, hair triggered walking nose.

I also like that I can hunt a month before rifle season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to because it was romantic, the smell of POC, making your own strings, making your own arrows, the smell of fletchtite, all the little nuances.

I lost that feeling years ago, so I stopped.

Comment

I can’t afford bullets !!

Comment

Started with rabbits at age six with a sears fiberglass bow and killed my first deer at 13 in 1973 with a Bear Fiberglass bow with a cedar arrow, feather fletching and a Bear Broadhead. Shot right over a spike bucks back, he spooked came back to sniff the arrow and I spined him on the second shot and dropped him in his tracks. Was healing the bow a little back then and causing my shots to go high (did not bend at the waist). Been hooked every since. Any excuse to spend more time in the woods.

Comment

Working...
                          X