Finished out shipping containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
    How do/did you move it, aren't they heavy?
    Would like to know because we're looking at one and trying to figure out how to move it to our lease.

Comment

Would like to know because we're looking at one and trying to figure out how to move it to our lease.
      XCaliber delivered it to my place. It was actually free delivery since my place was within 30 minutes of them.

I believe they said they would deliver for $600 bucks in a 200 mile radius. I would double check that, but that seemed to be what I recall.

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=420976

Mine is not as fancy, only 20footer, but perfect for me and the boy. We have slept the whole family in there with a air mattress. Twin over double bunk is usually set up. No bathroom, that’s on a different trailer. Glad I put it in a trailer. I have moved it 4 times since I built it.

Comment

Just hit a snag on that part, as I didn’t totally think it through. It would be right under my GVWR, I’ve got access to 40’ flatdeck, and my truck wouldn’t have any issues with the combined 17k trailer weight. I didn’t even consider the truck and trailer weight rating was 35,500, which would put me over legal limit even though the actual weight would only be 25,500 which is under. I’d also be under the 65’ limit as truck and trailer come in right at 64’. We have equipment to unload it as well.

Now I’m looking for a driver to drive my truck and trailer as I do not have a CDL, nor do I wish to have one.

Comment

Great looking place, Heath!

Comment

Y'all be sure and have a VERY GOOD smoke detection system as well as CO detectors... Those things can be death traps because of the lack of windows or alternate escape routes... Might not be the best, but the safest place for a kitchen if you intend to have one is in one end or the other as opposed to being in the middle or in a position so as to potentially cut off an escape route from a bedroom if a kitchen fire broke out...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Y'all be sure and have a VERY GOOD smoke detection system as well as CO detectors... Those things can be death traps because of the lack of windows or alternate escape routes... Might not be the best, but the safest place for a kitchen if you intend to have one is in one end or the other as opposed to being in the middle or in a position so as to potentially cut off an escape route from a bedroom if a kitchen fire broke out...
                I’ve never thought of that, but very wise advice. Thank you for your input sir!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  We have a smoke / carbon detector mounted in ours about in the middle, by the kitchen.

I really liked the design of having the door hidden inside the outside folding doors so you could totally lock it up, but I just could not get over the fact about being trapped inside if somehow those doors closed on you. I liked the garage / house idea but in the end, I just could not sleep at night with it. I have a 20 footer right next to mine for storage.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    I didn’t even consider the truck and trailer weight rating was 35,500, which would put me over legal limit even though the actual weight would only be 25,500 which is under.
                    I am honestly not following all of your math, but if you are trying to cut down on weight the guys that deliver a 20 footer for me used something like this (this is the first thing that showed up on google). Two part system, that couldnt have weighed that much.

Prescott Valley, AZ - Two Quad-city residents have invented a way to make moving storage containers easier, quicker and more affordable. The trick: turn the ...

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                      I am honestly not following all of your math, but if you are trying to cut down on weight the guys that deliver a 20 footer for me used something like this (this is the first thing that showed up on google). Two part system, that couldnt have weighed that much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GREHuaXDKyo
                      The trailer is rated for 24k, and the truck is rated for 11,500. Gross combined rating is 35,500. Directly from a DOT I can’t haul that that trailer even empty without a CDL unless farm use and class A DL. The truck and trailer combined actual weight is under the DOT limit of 26,001, but that doesn’t matter in this scenario.

Comment

Working...
                      X