• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
    The Lake House in Kerrville. The best chicken fried steak I ever eaten
    Check the brewery in Fredericksburg

Comment

My favorite was Monroys Mexican on lake tawakoni but they moved locations and I heard it wasn't the same. Best chips and salsa, fajitas, and margaritas ever. Ever.

I need to go try the new one

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        My favorite was Monroys Mexican on lake tawakoni but they moved locations and I heard it wasn't the same. Best chips and salsa, fajitas, and margaritas ever. Ever.

I need to go try the new one
        Lol. Right.

Lake Tawaokoni, your destination for the best Mexican food in all of Texas.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          My dining room! It’s the only place I know of that I can get Pepper Crusted Backstrap!!!!

That stuff will make you cuss every steak house in town!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          How do you prepare and cook?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Gruene River Grill is pretty high on the list.

Bob's Steak & Chophouse

H3

Babes

Fred's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell yeah. Fred’s for a **** good burger and a cold *** beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Lol. Right.

Lake Tawaokoni, your destination for the best Mexican food in all of Texas.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You're gonna find this hard to believe....but there are A LOT of Mexicans who have made their way north of Georgetown.....and several '78 Chevy pickup loads of them have opened restaurants!

You really aren't going to believe this part.....but you don't know **** about 99% of them.

Comment

Luling City Market. Luling, TX

Comment

You're gonna find this hard to believe....but there are A LOT of Mexicans who have made their way north of Georgetown.....and several '78 Chevy pickup loads of them have opened restaurants!

You really aren't going to believe this part.....but you don't know **** about 99% of them.

Agreed. A Mexican family in NE Texas is just as likely to know their way around a kitchen as one in Laredo or San Antonio or anywhere else. Immigrants migrate...thus the term.

Comment

Dale, Lake Tawakoni. Lol. Yes there are better options in the DFW metroplex.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      Agreed. A Mexican family in NE Texas is just as likely to know their way around a kitchen as one in Laredo or San Antonio or anywhere else. Immigrants migrate...thus the term.

Inner city and even North Dallas/Garland is little Mexico now. Guaranteed Blue Goose has better atmosphere, margaritas and especially MESQUITE GRILLED fajitas. Some of the best in the state.

I atand by my original quote. The best mexican food in the state, or even N TX is not at random mexican food place at Lake Tawakoni. Sorry , not sorry. Lol.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-17-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Inner city and even North Dallas/Garland is little Mexico now. Guaranteed Blue Goose has better atmosphere, margaritas and especially MESQUITE GRILLED fajitas. Some of the best in the state.

Mexican food is the ONE thing you never know where greatness will come from.

Comment

Really, Thats like asking a fat kid what flavor icecream he likes.... Saying that. The BeeHive In Albany or Abaline has a great 14oz Filet mignon.

Comment

Dale, Lake Tawakoni. Lol. Yes there are better options in the DFW metroplex.

Probly closer to 99.8%.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Mexican food is the ONE thing you never know where greatness will come from.

Yeah but you can pretty much be certain that if no mesquite smoke is coming out of the roof......skip the griddle cooked fajitas. Lol.

Comment

Probly closer to 99.8%.
                                Probably you are wrong. I have friends that live on all sides of Tawakoni. Family in Dallas. Great friends and coworkers from Chihuahua, Mx that fish around Tawakoni. Yep. Confirmed via text. No edible Mexican food at the lake. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X