Best high end stove and oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    So what does a 10k stove do that a 2k stove can't?
    Impress your friends?

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
      Impress your friends?
      By doing what, just looking good? I'm seriously curious.

Comment

So what does a 10k stove do that a 2k stove can't?
        What does a Mercedes E Class do that a Honda Accord won't do? Trying to justify why someone would buy a luxury brand vs the cheaper alternative is an exercise in futility.

Why do people buy high end anything? Well, because they can and because it appeals to their desire for the perception of quality, luxury or exclusivity.

Comment

About to buy a gas stove top and two electric ovens for a new house
          I have never had an issue with the “cheap” electric GE range in this house.
          Some of your experiences are scary with high end models.

Following closely

BP

Comment

I have a bertazzoni gas grill/oven combo. Been happy with it for the price. Its more upper middle end priced
            Last edited by Texans42; 09-16-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
              I spent almost $10k on a 48" Viking range in my last house. It was beautiful to look at and fantastic at cooking.....when it wasn't broken We had multiple problems with it. Burners going bad, oven door getting out of alignment etc.... I wouldn't have a Viking if it was given to me. Do some net searches and you will find many people who had similar experiences.

The Subzero refrigerator was trouble free and fantastic. The Asko dishwasher was as well.

When we remodeled our kitchen in the new house we went with all Thermadore, now owned by Bosch. After 3 years there is a light out on one of the burner knobs and to fix it the nut holding on a burner has to be drilled out to access the light. I have spent $400 chasing an issue with the water dispenser on the refrigerator in the last 2 weeks and it's still not rignt The Thermadore steam oven, wall oven and dishwasher have all been great.

So to recap:

Viking sucks

Thermadore is hit or miss

Asko and Subzero are great

Viking has had tons of issues over the last couple of years. Every distributor we went to when selecting appliances for our house steered us away from them.

Id love to have a 48” sub zero built in but just couldn’t swing it in the budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What does a Mercedes E Class do that a Honda Accord won't do? Trying to justify why someone would buy a luxury brand vs the cheaper alternative is an exercise in futility.

Why do people buy high end anything? Well, because they can and because it appeals to their desire for the perception of quality, luxury or exclusivity.
                Well a high end car can drive smoother..It can have leather seats and all kinds of things that cost money.

I'm asking what a high end stove does. Does it cook food better? Just have more room or what?

I know super cheap stoves may have a noticeable variance in temperature settings but I'd think all stoves over $800 no one would notice.

Comment

Well a high end car can drive smoother..It can have leather seats and all kinds of things that cost money.

I'm asking what a high end stove does. Does it cook food better? Just have more room or what?

I know super cheap stoves may have a noticeable variance in temperature settings but I'd think all stoves over $800 no one would notice.

Higher BTU output on the burners, dedicatee specialty burners (wok for example), larger than standard size ranges that allow for side by side double overs and more burners plus griddle or chargrill.

So yes, there is a big difference between a $1,000 range and a $10,000 range but your grilled cheese will taste the same

Comment

We just rebuilt after Harvey so i got a new kitchen. I couldnt afford the true high end stuff but i got the best i could afford. After a lot of research i ended up buying kitchenaid and got them from best buy. Got a big 6 burner stove top and a big double oven! I've been VERY happy with it so far. When i get chance i need to post a picture because a TBH'ER did my solid walnut countertops. He did a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                      We just rebuilt after Harvey so i got a new kitchen. I couldnt afford the true high end stuff but i got the best i could afford. After a lot of research i ended up buying kitchenaid and got them from best buy. Got a big 6 burner stove top and a big double oven! I've been VERY happy with it so far. When i get chance i need to post a picture because a TBH'ER did my solid walnut countertops. He did a great job!
                      I like to see the countertops!

Comment

We have Dacor double convection ovens and a 48 in Thermador 4 burner with the grill in the middle and a Thermador commercial hood, have had for about 15 years with 0 issues. Don't scrimp on the hood. You didn't ask about fridges but we've been really pleased with our Northland built in, the size came in handy raising 2 boys.

Comment

This thread cracks me up. Sometimes I think I’m out of touch with reality and these kinds of threads make me feel really good about my small splurges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Higher BTU output on the burners, dedicatee specialty burners (wok for example), larger than standard size ranges that allow for side by side double overs and more burners plus griddle or chargrill.

So yes, there is a big difference between a $1,000 range and a $10,000 range but your grilled cheese will taste the same

Their plus the materials are higher end, typically real, heavier gauge stainless, brass burners, burners that will go from a true simmer to 15,000 btu, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you are serious about cooking you'll appreciate a "professional" type gas range. What sets them apart from others is typically being able to simmer at very low temperatures and cook at very high temps. Thermador claims to be able to hold a simmer as low as 100 degrees something a common gas wont do.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                                I like to see the countertops!
                                Heres a couple from when they put the counters in and a couple done. Its not a big kitchen but i love it now!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X