No announcement yet.

Stolen Valor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, love those youtubes and listening to Don. He's a cool guy. I've met a couple of those fake SEALs over the years myself. And not just fake SEALs, but fake SF, Rangers, Marines, etc. People would be shocked at how common they are.

One story Don told.... there was a bartender who had been working a big, popular singles bar in the Times Square area for about 20 years. So he had seen a few things. Somebody asked him, "what pick-up line have you heard the most often over the years? What's the all time #1?" His answer: "I was a Navy SEAL."

Comment

Originally posted by mzurovec View Post
      I've seen a few videos of guys getting busted for stolen valor and it cracks me up hearing them try and lie their way out of it. Losers!
      Yeah, it's hilarious watching Don's face when he listens to them!

"What SEAL team were you on?"

"uhhhh, I can't tell you, it's classified."

Comment

For years I did not consider myself a vet, and still have difficulties with it. I did serve, albeit briefly, only to get discharged after getting injured. Got bent over then and still getting bent over now. The whole stolen valor thing still ticks me off though when I read about it.

Comment

What is sometimes shocking to me is not the stolen valor guy who lives in his mother’s basement while eating fig newtons and playing first person shooter games. It is wrong but that guy probably has some form of mental illness and trying to live out his fantasy world in public. It is the guys as mentioned in the OP that actually did serve honorably. They did their time.

That seems like the biggest slap in the face. Unlike the newton eater, they absolutely know the insult they are dishing out. Maybe some of them aren’t too far off mentally than the basement dwellers.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
            I have no use for a liar in any capacity but stolen valor is in a class by itself.
            I put them in the same category as those caught viewing child **** [emoji35]
            Not even close to being the same brother. If you think that then you ain't right.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
              Not even close to being the same brother. If you think that then you ain't right.

Whatever brother. 6 of one or half a dozen of the other IMO. We will just agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
              X