No announcement yet.

Buck Forage Oats...Success? Maybe??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or pull the drive shaft off the shredder and wire it up out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      I borrowed a plow and was all ready to plant mine this weekend but the dang PTO connector for my brush hog was stuck like it was welded on. (Anyone have a good tip for getting it free? It's the collar type like an air hose fitting)

The ground was still pretty soft anyway so I'll probably try again next weekend.
      Spray it with penetrating fluid and tap on it with a hard rubber hammer, mine will stick every now and then. Also raise or lower the shredder till the PTO shaft and shredder shaft is straight with each other that way it aint in no bind. I would not heat it or beat on it with steel hammer.

Comment

The good news is you have a good duck hole!

Comment

Good luck. We didn't have much luck on our bottom land plots that would get standing water a few times a season. We just put cheap wheat down there now.

Comment

"Heat and hammer."

No room to get a hammer blow to it. There is actually less room than the one in this picture but you get the idea.

"Or pull the drive shaft off the shredder and wire it up out of the way."

I'll do this if all else fails.

Comment

My son in law had one of those pos connecters on his shreader. I took the plastic shields off (had to cut them) and greased.the splines. Made things a lot easier to disconnect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                "Heat and hammer."

No room to get a hammer blow to it. There is actually less room than the one in this picture but you get the idea.

"Or pull the drive shaft off the shredder and wire it up out of the way."

I'll do this if all else fails.

Disconnect shredder and pull away from the shaft leaving. The front half on the PTO. Hold coupler in and beat the shaft forward with a mallet first to free it and then pull it backwards.
                After a good soaking in penetrating oil of coarse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Glad I didn't plant food plots this year. Army worms are costing us thousands $$$ eating up our Crawfish rice.

Comment

I think mine has worms, gonna have to get out there tomorrow hopefully to spray

Comment

Mine went in the ground on Thursday. I hope to get out there Tuesday evening to check them out.

Comment

All 4 foodplots with buck forage are below the trinity river at the moment. Guess will see how well they hold up to TOO much water. Also have a new skid steer under the river as well. Hopefully it dries out.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                          All 4 foodplots with buck forage are below the trinity river at the moment. Guess will see how well they hold up to TOO much water. Also have a new skid steer under the river as well. Hopefully it dries out.

Should have bought the amphibious version evidently Puddin’..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            Should have bought the amphibious version evidently Puddin’..
                            I guess I need another ranch manager for the new place so someone can stay on top of it for me. Rather have that then loose a $60K piece of machinery .

Comment

We will plant 2nd or 3rd week in Oct.

Comment

Well went to ranch and as I thought worms hit my plots, wiped out about 65% of my original oats. I sprayed so hoping to save some of it. Don’t seam to have hit the broad leafs quite as bad. Some of the oats still have small green stubs so hoping they pull through.

The buck forage oats were starting to sprig so hopefully the spray will save them.

Comment

Working...
                                X