X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    Make a licking branch.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    There’s the crawling into it part. They quit using it and now where that scrape was is thick Chinese privet. I’ve just shifted down to another spot along the same trail.

Comment

We hunt in western Polk near the Trinity County line. Around 1400 acres and up to this point we have only taken 2 does, two culls, a spike, and a 130 class 9 pointer. Not seeing many deer either. This year is shaping up to be way down. Anyone else in this area experiencing the same thing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by famousunknown View Post
        We hunt in western Polk near the Trinity County line. Around 1400 acres and up to this point we have only taken 2 does, two culls, a spike, and a 130 class 9 pointer. Not seeing many deer either. This year is shaping up to be way down. Anyone else in this area experiencing the same thing?

Same. We've take a whopping 3 does off our place, and no bucks. The weather has absolutely been a huge factor in that I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by famousunknown View Post

Yup our numbers are low out in northwest Polk. We are going to get together with the surrounding leases in January to talk about raising our population. We will be getting a trapper in come February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Same. We've take a whopping 3 does off our place, and no bucks. The weather has absolutely been a huge factor in that I'm sure.
            To many acorns too much brows they don't have to go far to get a full belly

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              Hunting elsewhere during the rut is a huge factor... now it’s time to kill those bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                To many acorns too much brows they don't have to go far to get a full belly

Oh they’ve been coming to corn, and in daylight. Just been hard to get out there with all this freaking rain.

In fairness we have a club rule that prior to the general season you must shoot a doe before you can kill a buck that saved the lives of at least 2 bucks. One of those happened to the lease boss so theres a pretty good chance that rule won’t exist next year.

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                Hunting elsewhere during the rut is a huge factor... now it’s time to kill those bucks.
                You know I’ve been trying like hell. I’m leaving tomorrow like you, gonna try it again.

Comment

Late finding this thread. I hunt Hardin Co. Near Saratoga. Just got this lease, what is the hog population like ???

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

Polk county producing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Dang son, those are nice. Congrats T

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMane View Post
                      Late finding this thread. I hunt Hardin Co. Near Saratoga. Just got this lease, what is the hog population like ???

There is no shortage of hogs anywhere in Hardin County

Comment

Headed out to camp in Hardin Co. this weekend to do some work around the lease. Who else is doing Social Distancing the way the good Lord intended??? .......in the woods!

Comment

I filled feeders this past weekend. Saw a few deer running around while I was out there.

Comment

I went up Wednesday to pick up my camper and get the four game cameras I still had running. Limited access to some areas because I was in my truck and the loggers destroyed my road in. Sure is green up there. Mayhaws starting to bloom.

Comment

Decided to head to the lease this past weekend to put out 2 new feeders and start building our cook shack.

We decided to keep it simple and use pallets and 1x6's we hauled off from work. So far I'm into this for the cost of a box of screws!

Next time out we will add the roof and more storage.

Comment

Hows the deer movement in Hardin Co? Made 2 sits last weekend , didnt see a **** thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X