General Season and Day Light Savings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sotol View Post
    Soooo, what would happen Sunday morning if I don't change my feeder time? Assuming it goes off right before daylight on Saturday?
    Since the time moves back one hour , do I need to feed at 6:00 or 8:00?
    Not a big deal as I sometimes have the am or pm messed up anyway.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
    Change your phone setting NOT to auto update for daylight savings, use that as your alarm and update it after you are in the stand...

Comment

I still can't believe this thread exists.

Do this:
      1. set your feeders to throw at daylight
      2. walk away
      3. show up to hunt an hour before daylight

You don't have to change your timers. How people fail to grasp this is beyond me. If they are throwing at daylight before the time change they will be throwing at daylight after the time change.

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
        really!!! us yankees don't use feeders, we have fields of corn. asking the green screen what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
        Whats the difference between a yankee and a quicky?

Basically the same, but you do a yankee by yourself!
        Last edited by Traildust; 09-12-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
          I still can't believe this thread exists.

Do this:
          1. set your feeders to throw at daylight
          2. walk away
          3. show up to hunt an hour before daylight

You don't have to change your timers. How people fail to grasp this is beyond me. If they are throwing at daylight before the time change they will be throwing at daylight after the time change.
          But...but...but... the time changes?! I think you're trying to pull a fast one on us. Nice try, but I ain't buying it!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cactusassjohn View Post
            really!!! us yankees don't use feeders, we have fields of corn. asking the green screen what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
            This should be against the law! This confuses deer more than a Q beam in the eyes at midnight!
            Your deer are going to starve to death because they don't know what time to come eat!
            At least put out a feeder with pea gravel so they know when to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              This should be against the law! This confuses deer more than a Q beam in the eyes at midnight!
              Your deer are going to starve to death because they don't know what time to come eat!
              At least put out a feeder with pea gravel so they know when to show up.

i knew the green screen would have the right answer!!!! thanks guys now i can rest easy

Comment

I'm worn out from reading. Totally confused now.

Comment

Seriously, is this really an issue for some of you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DEG View Post
                    This is hilarious.
                    All you have to do is find a Green Screen Shiny Lure and BAM. Fish On. The Post keeps going TTT. It won't die I tell ya. Unless Mary sees it

Comment

Hey Green Screen. Just throwing out the Daylight Savings Fall Back idea. What I like about this place is everyone is their own person. Take or leave this idea, but the most important is that WE all have a SAFE hunting season. Looking forward to seeing many post with nice harvests. Hoping that one will be mine.

Comment

I leave mine on "summer time". Set to go a 8-815am and 6-615 pm. This makes it 7-715 and 5-515 in the fall/winter.

Comment

You weren't supposed to post the opening day date...now they know!!!!!

Comment

Not a problem for east TX hunters. Deer don't come to no stinkin feeder.

Comment

Do I change the game camera time the same time I change the feeder timer or have pictures an hour later than they really are? There's lots that goes into this hunting stuff.

Comment

Man these threads are a beating every year.....every stinking year on both sides...

It's really quite simple...and can be summed up in two bullets....

A) if you are lazy, slacker or just like to keep you **** on the same setting all year never accounting for the shortening and lengthening of days, then don't touch it.....you do you. Set it and forget it..

B). If you adjust your times accounting for the shorter and longer days throughout the year and want your feeder going off a certain amount of time after light and before dark then change the clock time accordingly.....not because the deer have a watch or can tell time .... but because it is easier to use the sunset and sunrise apps or the newspaper when your clock matches their clock to set your feed times accordingly through the year.

There is no right way or wrong way for dealing with this. It just depends on if you are a slacker and/or don't need to touch your times..... or a go-getter and like to have your feeders go off at certain times throughout the year.......you make the choice and act accordingly.

Drops mic....do not pass go ....do not collect $200....

Last edited by Smart; 09-12-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X