Disconnecting from cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
    What does everyone watch on Amazon prime? The only thing I see included with it is old movies. Everything else costs more money.
    Some pretty good TV shows, they have original content and previous seasons of other show, Netflix doesn't carry. Every once in a while they will put a whole season of a current show on sale for 99 cents. Cheaper than other services that still have commercials. Netflix and Amazon, I get pretty much everything I need. Even buying a season of a show, it comes out cheaper than another subscription services. I also get my HBO through them (cost extra) and they carry the NFL network.
    Last edited by crawdaddct; 01-29-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

We just run the fire sticks and they work great.

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
      Does anyone have any input on the Amazon Fire TV Box Vs. Amazon Fire TV Cube? I see a lot of people having issues with the cube but, it has more functions than the box. The box is faster though.

Comment

Originally posted by muddydog View Post
        I don't have internet. Dish bill about 65.00 month. I'm wanting to drop it and use a outside antenna but the wife ain't on board.
        I put a antenna in my attic, works great. With a booster I pick up like 85 channels. Most of its crap or Spanish, but a lot more now that its digital.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
          Does anyone have any input on the Amazon Fire TV Box Vs. Amazon Fire TV Cube? I see a lot of people having issues with the cube but, it has more functions than the box. The box is faster though.
          I use firestick on my outside TV. I prefer Google chrome cast, but its just a preference thing. My Big TV has a built in Amazon app, I like better than the firestick. Never used a Cube.

Comment

I put up an outdoor antenna last week and get 83 channels. After deleting the Spanish and Asian channels I have 61. I never knew there is so much available over the air these days!

Check out American TV tonight for all local channels, including Cable, Satellite and Over The Air. You can search through the Local TV Listings Guide by time or by channel and search for your favorite TV show.

Calling Dish tomorrow and cancelling their overpriced service!!

Comment

I do Tivo

There is a $14 per month fee for programming content

But you get a 4k DVR to record up to 3 shows at the same time

Includes apps too like Netflix hulu etc you cannot record the streaming content

$14 a month is ok for what you get

Tivo does over the air dtv and you can record anything the antenna picks up

Good antennae with booster helps

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m on my free trial of Hulu live right now. So far I really like it and will drop direct TV soon. We have Netflix and amazon prime too since we have a amazon account.

$40 a month for hulu live and we get everything we have on direct.

I’m looking forward to saving over $100 a month on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

we cut cable and I installed an antennae on the side of the house. Now we get ALL the local channels, but we have friends who use apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick (not sure the name) I wish someone would tell me how to use those to watch some cable channels (mostly NBA and oversea soccer games)

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
                    we cut cable and I installed an antennae on the side of the house. Now we get ALL the local channels, but we have friends who use apple TV and Amazon Fire Stick (not sure the name) I wish someone would tell me how to use those to watch some cable channels (mostly NBA and oversea soccer games)
                    ATI - use a firestick and get gears reloaded. You will have everything you need then. If you have any questions just msg me

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      I’m on my free trial of Hulu live right now. So far I really like it and will drop direct TV soon. We have Netflix and amazon prime too since we have a amazon account.

$40 a month for hulu live and we get everything we have on direct.

I’m looking forward to saving over $100 a month on TV.

Are you able to record anything with Hulu live? My only reservation is that we hardly ever watch any live tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                        Are you able to record anything with Hulu live? My only reservation is that we hardly ever watch any live tv.

Yes and you and pause live TV too. I haven’t recorded anything, still figuring it out but I know it can be done because I read about it when I signed up. Right now I’m watching Nat Geo.

Comment

Get details on pricing, programming, and special promotions for streaming platforms, including Amazon and Netflix, YouTube TV, and smaller free services.

Here is a pretty good look at some of the major services. I think most everyone has different needs and uses, so you have to find what is right for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Yes and you and pause live TV too. I haven’t recorded anything, still figuring it out but I know it can be done because I read about it when I signed up. Right now I’m watching Nat Geo.

Nice... I just looked it up. My neighbor has Youtube TV and loves it. We will probably try that or the Hulu live once our contract is up on our satellite in October.

Comment

We got rid of cable a couple of years ago. Since we have Ipads, and Iphones, I got the Apple TV for 2 TV's and use Playstation Vue for the streaming service. We get local channels, sport channels, disney for our daughter etc. With the Apple TV we also use Fox sports go app, espn app, most of these apps allow streaming of up to 4 games/channels at once, very minimal lag and we only have 100 mbps to the house. usually only buffers on the local channels through Vue, the apps rarely buffer. All of this through wireless and our internet bill is $50 a month and the Vue is $45, we get everything we had with Time Warner/Spectrum for $150 or so less a month. We also use Netflix for movies and some TV shows. The Vue is nice since we can watch through phones, ipads and any computer with internet, and can airplay via the Apple TV from other devices. Im sure hulu is similar to the Vue as are others.

Comment

Working...
                              X